ungovernable77

Geovision & AMD chipsets

Is there any geovision card that can works with an AMD chipset ?

I would like to use a geovision card with a E45M1-M PRO motherboard (using chipset AMD FCH A50M (Hudson M1))

hey i just noticed that the GV-800 V4.33 (the PCI-Express version of the GV800) says it isn't compatible with VIA chipset but it doesn't says anything about ATI or AMD... Does that means it will work with my AMD E45M1-M PRO (chipset AMD FCH A50M Hudson M1) ???

If you go to the Geovision, N. America website (Usa Vision) you'll find the list of compatible MoBo's & chips, even the Intel Haswell stuff.

Geovision had troubles in the past with ATI graphics not playing well with Geovision, but a glance at their list shows that they have used non-Intel solutions with their video capture cards.

http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74

Hope that helps!

They have only a few numbers of tested motherboards on this list...

My DVR-PC is sitting right to my bed, so i really want a 100% passive cooling system (fanless) which doesn't gives me a lot of option.

I've successfully used a Geovision card with a BOXD525MW system in the past, but the motherboard doesn't even have HDMI so i want to upgrade.

At first i ordered AMD E45M1-M PRO but i cancelled it when i learnt that Geovision isn't compatible with AMD chipsets.

So now i have bought and received the GA-J1800N-D2H but usavision website is saying that GV-800A is incompatible with Ivy bridge and this motherboard/cpu combo is running an Ivy-based Celeron !!!

I've ordered a PCI-Express GV-800v4 and i'm waiting to receive it to test it with my motherboard

Can't believe a DVR card that costs so much is now incompatible with the majority of modern hardware...

You may have to blame the Mother Board Makers based on AMD. Being too much sensitive to cost reduction, they seem not to carry any conformance tests on their device drivers. That's sad, letting alone the fact that AMD can not perform more than 50% of Intel's at 70% of price of Intel's.

You may have to blame the Mother Board Makers based on AMD. Being too much sensitive to cost reduction, they seem not to carry any conformance tests on their device drivers. That's sad, letting alone the fact that AMD can not perform more than 50% of Intel's at 70% of price of Intel's.

Yeah but apparently there are compatibility issues with Ivy and Sandy bridges also... So who's to blame ? Intel AND AMD or... Geovision ?

BTW, amd APU outperforms any Intel's in the same price range.

where did you order your card? gv-800v4 (aka GV-800A) is old card, you want GV-800B card.

also i don't believe you can blame anyone for the compatibility issues. its the state of current technology- things change/evolve and in the process certain things become obsolete. 'old' v4 card uses 'old' chipset.

however, v4/A-series cards do work on modern chipsets which feature native PCI such as intel B75. Most modern chipsets do not have built-in/native PCI and rely on a bridge chip of some sort.

How can i know if GA-J1800N-D2H features native PCI ?

As for the card, i bought it here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/16CH-GV-Card-GV-800-V4-V8-4-GV-DVR-Card-PCI-E-Interface/1564660679.html

First time i buy from this website, i hope i don't get scammed.

I didn't know it is an old model, maybe that explains why it is much more cheaper than other cards. Is there a big difference between GV-800A and GV-800B ?