kingtech

GV-800B problem

I am having a major problem with a new GV-800B card installed in a Dell OptiPlex 3010. Here are specs on the system:

- Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

- i5 3.2GHz processor

- 4GB RAM

- 250GB hard drive

- PNY GeForce GT 610 1GB 64-bit DDR3 video card

- Geovision V8.5.9.0

- 4 cameras

When the computer does not have cameras connected to it, it runs flawlessly. When cameras are connected to it and it is recording, within 5 minutes the computer completely freezes and has to be forced to shut down by holding the power button. It has no antivirus installed, firewall is turned off, I have tried a second hard drive to store all video files, I've turned off DirectDraw in GV System, I sent it back to the company we purchased it from, they tested it for a week and found no problem and sent it back to me yet the problem still remains, I've run out of ideas and am frankly becoming a little desperate.

First, where did you get the GV-800B? Authorized distributor? Please don't say aliexpress...there's counterfeits on the market that are simply garbage, so if that's your problem, i'd just give up now...

Otherwise, remove the PNY video card, see if its stable using the Intel on-board graphics. It looks like your Optiplex only has a 250W power supply which may be undersized to power both the GeForce and GV-800B. You should have a minimum of a 350W power supply with at least 20-amps on the 12V rail.