cctv_survivor

How to reset Geo password?

same problem ...new in the foro , but i need the program, because i need install more cameras in my new geovision card , but it still using the last username and passwords from the old one ... and here nobody know it.

please help me.

piojorrolinga hotmail com

sorry my inglish i`m from argentina guys !

cya!

Well, like i said, the program I have (and alot of you guys too) works ..

Rory I can't PM can you send me info for the file?

hi i`m ariel from argentina .... i have the same problem.... please help !

My geovision provider sent me to this forum. I have the same problem on version 8 on a computer I purchased used, so I do not have the disc to reinstall the operating system. I am using the system in my own shop and would like to fix it without purchasing a new copy of windows.

I will be using a different dvr from now on for my customers as I am not really interested in trying to explain this to one of them. If anyone has suggestions for similar units without this problem, let me know. I am a Virginia security company.

Thanks, Jeff

My geovision provider sent me to this forum. I have the same problem on version 8 on a computer I purchased used, so I do not have the disc to reinstall the operating system. I am using the system in my own shop and would like to fix it without purchasing a new copy of windows.

I will be using a different dvr from now on for my customers as I am not really interested in trying to explain this to one of them. If anyone has suggestions for similar units without this problem, let me know. I am a Virginia security company.

Thanks, Jeff

with gv 8.2, first, you need to restart youre pc

reset pass.rar

I am having the same problem. I don't have sufficient privileges to use the utility in the root directory. If I could get someone to point me in the direction of a utility to use that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem. I don't have sufficient privileges to use the utility in the root directory. If I could get someone to point me in the direction of a utility to use that would be great. Thanks in advance.

download reset pass.rar you have manual how to do it.

I have not posted 10 posts yet, so the system will not allow me to PM RORY

Yay, ten posts. can anyone get me intouch with rory?

Or does anyone have the answer to how I can still reset my admin password?

4 posts above this is the d/load you need, its rar'd so youll need to extract the file using winrar etc,

let us know how you go

For those that aren't scared of a little registry editing, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DataCode is the area that stores the password. Delete the key and the password system is gone.

I'm have th same situation. My boss loaned me a computer with GeoVision 800 and wants me to learn about it. But it has no password. GV Support tells me I have to reinstall windows, which I don't want to do. How can I get the work-around? Thanks in advance.

- Bruce Price

I'm have th same situation. My boss loaned me a computer with GeoVision 800 and wants me to learn about it. But it has no password. GV Support tells me I have to reinstall windows, which I don't want to do. How can I get the work-around? Thanks in advance.

- Bruce Price

http://www.cctvforum.com/download.php?id=691 download it and unpack it you have manual how to do it

Hi in the settings for the pos in Geovision 8.2 do anyone know where the pos text overlay Settings are stored or how to trasfer the pos settings from the old dvr to the new DVR, as its not possible to see the password beeing used.

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Somehow client lost supervisor password and now afraids of low security. As i see, rory may help me, but i can't send him a pm. another problem is that i cant download attachments. could anyone help me ?

For 8.3

http://www.2shared.com/file/5671554/d9c4ba5f/83_online.html

or type this into notepad and file>save as> FILENAME.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataCode]
"default-8.3.0.0-0"=-

Then just double click it - it will ask for permission to modify the registry, allow it and open multicam again and you'll be asked for a new admin.

If you can't run PassUnInstall.exe, try it in SAFE mode. If that doesn't work and you are comfortable with editing the registry, try this:

1) Click Start and click Run

2) Type in: regedit

3) Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

4) Click on SOFTWARE

5) Click on Microsoft

6) Click DataCode

7) Highlight all the "default-*" in values on the right pane and

delete them by right clicking on the mouse.

Exit Registry Editor and reboot the computer

9) Geovision software, You will be prompted for a new ID and passord. Type in the new login information.

If you can't run PassUnInstall.exe, try it in SAFE mode. If that doesn't work and you are comfortable with editing the registry, try this:

1) Click Start and click Run

2) Type in: regedit

3) Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

4) Click on SOFTWARE

5) Click on Microsoft

6) Click DataCode

7) Highlight all the "default-*" in values on the right pane and

delete them by right clicking on the mouse.

Exit Registry Editor and reboot the computer

9) Geovision software, You will be prompted for a new ID and passord. Type in the new login information.

Does this solution work on newer version and Geo's VMS software as well?