Sign in to follow this  
secplus

Remote Manage GV-1480 combo

Ok, explain to me why this extremely expensive system doesn't allow me to manage the settings like camera color, and other configurations remotely? I have tried to find any settings VIA the browser app, or dmmviewer. I went to the Geovision website and found something called Control Center, that has a program called REMOTE DVR, but when I try to open it, it basically tells me that I have to BUY this software?

Come on, other than using some sort of remote desktop solution, there must me another way, I am too far from this system to keep driving back and forth..

Control Center is not the answer. All that does is manage a big network of multiple machines. If the cameras are analog you are out of luck but if they are ip cams the only way is to install something like team viewer or something on your dvr. From there you can remote into the machine and run the ip device utility. When tthe utility finds your cams. click on a cam and select camera adjustment. A panel of stuff like tint and brightness and stuff like that will come up and you can adjust it from there. Dm multiview is pretty much useless for adjusting things. all it does is broadcast the channels so you can see whats going and control ptz's.