sue

Geovision

Hi folks, I've already been thru the cheap card and Pico route. Now I'm ready to look at Geovision. This system is for my home. Do you recommend the 600 or 650? If so, where would be an economical place to purchase said card/software?

Thanks a bunch!

Sue

Sue you can get Geo just about everywhere, the thing to look out for is the support.. I am the expert on it but I have found that not many US companies know a lot about it.

The 650 card is 50 FPS I dont sell many here because we do not sell much below 100FPS (these are PAL speeds NTSC is faster). The 600 card will work on any chipset though SIS VIA or Intel, where anything above that will require Intel only.

The reason the speeds sold in the US are so slow is because a lot of the US used to use Standalones and they are limited to these speeds.

Because you are part of this forum I can sell you a card from here if you like but you would have to look into shipping costs.. PM me the card your after and I will send you back a price.

Ok, thanks. I may be waiting awhile now because I just had to spend a lot of money on a new built-in fridge. But thanks for the info and I'll re-evaluate in a few months!

Sue

I want to know if I have a system GV-650-4 cameras or any 4 model, and I want to add 4 more cameras do I need another GV-650-4 or do I have to take out the 4 version and install a GV-650-8?

How does it work this when you install more cameras?

Can I have 2 cards GV-650-8

With Huper 2400 that is the card I'm using know, just install another card with 4 inputs and that's it, you have more inputs and frames, up to 4 cards per machine.

Thanks.

Unfortunately you would have to take out the 650-4 and get a 650-8. You can't have more than one Geo card in a PC as far as I know.

This reminds me of a question I have. Is the GV600v3-8 and the GV600v3-16 the same exact card except for the 1 chip that reads '8 port' which looks like a socket style chip?

Would it be possible to upgrade the GV600v3 just by replacing the 8 port chip with a 16 port chip? If so, can the port chips be purchased separately?

Just curious. I don't plan on doing that because a 16 port GV600 will be too slow for my future needs.