LittleScoobyMaster

Anyone still using Geovision?

Looks like Geovision hasn't had any updates to their software since January.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/4_2.asp

Are people still buying new Geovision software licenses or are the majority of people switching to Milestone's Xprotect solution? It feels kinda stale with Geo lately unfortunately.

I'm thinking of purchasing more Geo licenses because I want to add 2 more cameras to my system but since they don't seem to be updating the software anymore and have never resolved their UI issues over all these years, and the lack of recent updates, it kind of makes me want to consider a switch away from Geovision software and I've been using Geo for over 10 years. Anyone else who has compared the 2 platforms that has actually come back to Geo? If so, what were the reasons?

We are still using it but the last three servers have been a problem. I have been having problems with saving recorded events along with audio. Live audio is fine recorded is a mess.

Dear LittleScoobyMaster,

We will have new 64CH Geovision NVR software coming out soon.

If you have any technical issue, please feel free to

call our tech support (949) 583-1519#2 or

our live chat http://www.usavisionsys.com/ or

email: support@usavisionsys.com

We would love to assist if you have any issues on our products.

Thanks.

If you have purchased a GV-NVR dongle to use with 3rd Party cameras, does the dongle need to be upgraded before installing GV-VMS?

I have moved on from Geovision , it has served me well with regard to reliability but lately with a pair of new installs I have lost a lot of money ( in time ) It looks tired and outdated and as you said they have not addressed issues that they should have for years , now I think they have run out of time, now there are too many good alternatives available . Don't get me wrong their system is still good but it is aimed at the higher end market and never really addressed the smaller market in respect to user interfaces .

They always seem to be putting out fires and trying to keep up with the competition. When you compare them to Hikvision then they seem very far behind ( in the lower end market )

I have always wanted to see user friendly interfaces , not everyone is technically minded, any manufacturer that offer access to their product only via Internet Explorer are lagging way behind . IE has been one of my biggest problems over the years with costumers computers so it was a no brainer when Hikvision came along with access via Firefox , Chrome , Safari.