dandex

Need help with Geovision remote access

Hello,

I was trying to access my geovision surveillance system via the internet with the remote client. I have been successful connecting while on my local net. However, when I tried to logon from a remote location outside my network I had no success. My surveillance system is connected to a router(Linksys). Any idea what could be wrong? Appeciate your help!!!!

Gosh where to start, i should really make a new post to explain this in detail but you need to port forward your router, each application uses a different port and your router will be stopping it.

Keep in mind you do not need to use any software, you can use your browser for most of the basic applications.

Here is alink from my website on port forwarding on an older Geo System but keep in mind the Ports haev changed, depending on version you wish to use, have a read then ask me some questions, my tech's did this so I haven't checked it as I am currently doing a new website but it should give you an idea but check the ports for your version otherwise your log in password may not work.

http://www.altechvision.com.au/pages/howto.asp#webcam

I hope this helps,

GC

Thank you GC!!

I hope this will clear up the problem. I hope ypu don't mind if I will contact you via e-mail if I should have further questions. Unfortunately the geovision manual is not helpful enough.

Cheers.

Dan