Sign in to follow this  
tonyscomputer

help with old card 650/750/800 v3 01

hi, im new here,hope someone can help me out,im also new to the geovision software and hardware, so i got two 650/750/800 v3 01 card that i removed from a dvr without hard drive on pc, so i dont know anything about it, how can i make this cards work i have already read a lot on this but still no luck. i have downloaded version 6 to 8 and still have the same problem. i keep getting an error message that says "cant read from registry" and i also have tried from a win7 to a xp pro with no luck.

the new pc where im testing this cards it was a geovision but with a 32ch on it. so im just trying to setup a 16ch on this computer.

heres a link to one on ebay with the exact same numbers as the one i have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GeoVision-GV-650-750-800-Surveillance-Card-16Ch-16Port-Channel-Card-/251744935662?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item3a9d2adeee

is this an original geovision card?? how can i found out..

thanks

look on the geovision website they have version info which might help. certain versions of cards can only be upgraded to a certain level. Look on this forum for more info on how to detect a fake card. card could have been cooked when they scrapped the dvr