PA2001

Geovision Video/Audio Log and Synology

Set up Geovision GV-NVR computer to send recorded video to a folder on a Synology NAS. ( I am NOT using the Surveillence Station package on the Synology NAS).

The files are accessible if I manually go to the NAS (DiskStation Software) and look in the folder. GV-NVR is sending the recorded video to the NAS.

When I open the "Video/Audeo Log" window on the GV-NVR software, it shows that there are no events to play back.

On the DiskStation software, the folder used to record has read/write access.

Can someone help?

Thanks

You might want to make sure your system logs are also on the NAS device. The reason why it doesn't show up is because you have no logs.

Hope that helps!

-Tony

You might want to make sure your system logs are also on the NAS device. The reason why it doesn't show up is because you have no logs.

Hope that helps!

-Tony

i am curious to hear if this works. i might be adding a synology nas (for other reasons) to a location that has a geovision system. if i could send the video to the NAS instead of the PC hard drives, that would be great.

how is the geovision seeing the NAS storage? did you configure the synology with iscsi and add it as an iscsi drive in windows?

Set up Geovision GV-NVR computer to send recorded video to a folder on a Synology NAS. ( I am NOT using the Surveillence Station package on the Synology NAS).

The files are accessible if I manually go to the NAS (DiskStation Software) and look in the folder. GV-NVR is sending the recorded video to the NAS.

When I open the "Video/Audeo Log" window on the GV-NVR software, it shows that there are no events to play back.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Curious if you ever got this to work or not. I'm considering purchasing a Synology NAS as well for my GV-NVR system. thanks

Can someone help?

Thanks

Curious if you ever got this to work or not. I'm considering purchasing a Synology NAS as well for my GV-NVR system. thanks

i am still curious to see if this works, but i ended up replacing the geovision system with another IP VMS.

geovision has too many limitations (in my opinion) and i was sick of dealing with them.

Can someone help?

Thanks

just thought of something....how are you navigating to the synology/NAS folder from within geovision? i have never tried selecting something other than a local hard disk, does that menu (from within gv) see network shares?

how about creating an iscsi between the gv pc and the synology...make it a D, E, F drive....whatever you can use, then tell gv to save to that (should see it as a local drive) and see where that takes you.

Can someone help?

Thanks

i am still curious to see if this works, but i ended up replacing the geovision system with another IP VMS.

geovision has too many limitations (in my opinion) and i was sick of dealing with them.

Yeah I'm familiar with Geovisions limitations too well. I've been thinking of switching from GV to something else for over 10 years. I just keep waiting for something to make a switch to. Came pretty close to switching to Milestone recently. I've been testing it for a while. Seems like the industry standard has become 50 per 3rd party cam license. Wish it was a little less than that. What did you end up going with? Milestone \ BI \ Synology?

Yeah I'm familiar with Geovisions limitations too well. I've been thinking of switching from GV to something else for over 10 years. I just keep waiting for something to make a switch to. Came pretty close to switching to Milestone recently. I've been testing it for a while. Seems like the industry standard has become 50 per 3rd party cam license. Wish it was a little less than that. What did you end up going with? Milestone \ BI \ Synology?

avigilon (from a couple recommendations from this forum). there are a couple things that i wish avigilon would improve, but it is a very good system.

i had a lot of geovision analog system in the past, i am phasing them out one or two at a time every year.