paprotec

Geovision Copy

Probably not the right wording, Geo does not make the board so, therefore they are copying someone else, Geo must sell a load of cards though because the manufactorer they use actually puts the Geo model on the card and has modified it so that it has a Rom on it that works as a security Dongle of better known as a Key Pro, this is supposed to prevent people from using Geo software on other boards, silly buggers though, its not hard to get a rom reader and flash the rom so you can change models, I only sell them so I havent had to touch a card in ages, but the older ones could easilly be upgraded if you wanted to.. for example you used to be able to buy a 12ch board for example, flash the rom and bingo you had a 16ch, I havent done it but I have heard of it done.

There is loads of ways to tweak Geo but not going to list them here, that is why people buy from me.. I have had so many enquiries from overseas now it is insane, up till now I have always refuted the offer to do so out of respect of the Geo guys in the US, but the stories I hear from lack of knowledge and support is tempting me big time.

bastards try to sell to my dealers here though, well below Geo's recommended pricing, bett hats why the likes of Wise Micro and Turbo CCTV (same thing) do not buy Geo much, you play games with your dealers and other peoples and you get burn't

I hope this helps

"this is supposed to prevent people from using Geo software on other boards, silly buggers though, its not hard to get a rom reader and flash the rom so you can change models,"

By any chance, by "other boards", do you mean any other BT878 boards, such as Hauppauge WinTv cards and other similar single chip cards?

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support_pci_boards.html

Or do you mean higher end multi-chipped BT878 cards?

I guess what I really need to know is if Geovision can be made to run on BT878 WinTV or Osprey 100 BT848 chipset boards?

the software source code is written to look for a security Rom (Dongle) and that would not be on your card, therefore the system will not run as it will refuse to use the card.

Yes you could get around this but I have never tried to, nor do I wish to, my company is legit!

the software source code is written to look for a security Rom (Dongle) and that would not be on your card, therefore the system will not run as it will refuse to use the card.

Yes you could get around this but I have never tried to, nor do I wish to, my company is legit!

Well....... Your company might be legit, but I don't think that GEO is.

Just curious. Why is GEO considered to not be legit? (I'm guessing you are joking, but just in case, I had to ask).

If you aren't joking, and GEO is truly non-legit, does anyone know where I could d/l a dongle crack for Geovision so I can run the software on my Osprey 100 BT848 chipset setup as the main thing I don't like about my current setup is the lame software I have to use for it.

I'm also curious as to what non Geovision users are using for their surveillance systems? I mean, Geovision doesn't make all the cards on the market so there must be some other application that compares to Geovision, I would hope. I have used both Gotcha MultiCam and I-Catcher Console but both are very limited. There has to be something better.

I mean, Geovision doesn't make all the cards on the market so there must be some other application that compares to Geovision, I would hope.

I WISH.. Mate not being biased but nothing comes close, I wish it did, Magic Radar is pretty good so is DiViS and Comart Systems but ntohing really comes close to Geo's software, they are bounds ahead, I wish they werent but I am afraid they are!

That's a bummer. I can't understand why Geovision doesn't license out their software to use on non-Geo hardware? Is it because they wouldn't be able to control all the crazy configurations that might be introduced from various card manufacturers in which case they couldn't guarantee stability of the product, etc.?

If the software is that great, they should expand it to run on other DVR cards, which gets back to my other question. If I had a dongle crack, would Geovision work with other BT848 or BT878 chipset cards? Just curious. Or would it be super unstable or not work at all?

You could look into writing your own software for the cards, and then you will get whatever you want out of the software.

whats the comart link? Question, can you change the look of Geo, as it has sickening colors and cheesy icons.

on another note, DVR, can you PM me all the features of Geo, and maybe another good PC one please. I need to see what I can, or cant, implement into my software, I need some ideas to work with.

Thanks

Rory

I'm looking for people to join with me in a new venture. I have a group who can write a new DVR software package from the ground up. I am sick of not having any control.

you can easily change the look of any application using someting like Resource Hacker:

http://www.users.on.net/~johnson/resourcehacker/

Here's comart's link:

www.comartsystem.com

They aren't cheap, although they do seem quite impressive.

Besides the SDK, they can also supply the source code for their applications. Might be a good starting point if you only need minor changes or only a few additional features.

Lets be honest. Geo, Comart and most other dvr boards are overpriced. How much does it really cost for the board? Just the board. Maybe $50 USD. We pay for the software. I think Comart is still to much to do your own system. Plus, I don't think its a good base to start from.

If i knew the connect commands to the hardware, or some kind of commands used, Id like to get involved, right now im still using an developers active X control that was given to me by Kalatel (for Kalatel DVRs), and has its limitations as to what you can do, I guess they never wanted the developers to make a software with more features than theirs. Thing is, there are more features that can be added regardless of their control, such as sequencing, volume controls, multiple levels of users, full screen, resizing, email images/video on motion, etc, and a ton more (just need some ideas). I also found a way to grab the wavelet data, and then use it in something like windows media player, still working on that. That way they can be saved direct as AVIs or MPEgs, decompress it, etc.

But yes, let us know what you are looking at doing, and what hardware you are going to use.

Found out today that it would take 12 to 18 months to write a DVR software package from start to finish.

that sounds longer that it really should take, once we know what we are using, and commands etc, to really do a full featured software, Id say around 3-6 months. Code is indepth and stressfull so you would need to break up the time, but that time should cut it.

Any longer than that, you may as well write an Operating system or some other software like POS that will make you more money. If you are going to spend 12months on code, best to write an alarm monitoring software, they make a killing of that in the US, and sell it worldwide and make an even bigger killing. One big selling Alarm Softare I can thin of is SIS (SecuritySoftware.com)

Rory

Edited by Guest

30 people?? I was only talking about 1 person!

Do these people know the industry?

darn, send me the card you want to use and ill rip it apart and let you know what's up. If I have a problem with it I have some guys here that can do anything with anything, using other programming languages (ie. we cannot get legit Dirrec#t T#V here for example if you get my jist, though I dont personally get involved in that stuff)

Rory

Edited by Guest