View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Anyone using GV-VMS yet?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:04 pm 

Can i use the GV-NVR dongle whit Geovision VMS? And how do i do that?
I have the dongle right here, put it in the computer but nothing really happens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:57 am 

Hi
From what I heard the NVR license can't work on VMS, you need to buy additional VMS license.
(I heard that NVR --> VMS have a upgrade pricing that is cheaper but I'm not certain, you may have to double check that)
But if you only use GV IP cameras then VMS14.1 can connect up to 32 GV IP cam without license.
For VMS to connect 3rd party IP cameras, VMS license must be purchased.
You can use VMS to connect only GV IP cameras to try it out, if you feel satisfied then you can purchase VMS license.
You can contact http://www.usavisionsys.com/ for more details about VMS license pricing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:50 am 

IMO the latest GV-VMS 14.10.1.0 is beta-quality AT BEST. The interface is great compared to the old GV-NVR and I'm sure in a year or so it will be fine but let me tell you it is not there yet...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:12 pm 

Guys, i need your help.

I just added a 3e party camera to my gv-vms system, see picture below.
How can i add the GV-dongle so i get a picture? I can not find how?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 pm 

cocacola wrote:
Guys, i need your help.

Do you have a VMS dongle now? Your previous post stated you had an NVR dongle, they are 2 different things.

If you have a 3rd-party license dongle for VMS, you just need to plug in the dongle then install the 'GV-USB Device Driver' from here: http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/5_8_ACC.asp

After the driver is installed you may need to reboot in order for it to be recognized by the VMS software

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:39 am 

cocacola wrote:
Guys, i need your help.

Hi,
You will need to have a VMS license for 3rd party cameras. NVR license will not work.
There is a trial version which gives you 60 days trial for 3rd party cameras. (There will be a "trial" watermark on the video)
You can download VMS trial software here: http://54.200.75.24/english/EncodeUrl.aspx?source=http://d3i1pmbs94lc9y.cloudfront.net/Software/Paid/GV-VMS-V141010.zip#

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:02 am 

The old NVR dongle seems to work after reinstalling it and reboot the pc.
Got image, amd if i pull the dongle out it stops. Re-enter the stick and its rocording.

So it seems like the old dongle works om GV-VMS to :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:11 am 

cocacola wrote:
Got image, amd if i pull the dongle out it stops. Re-enter the stick and its rocording.

Well, that's good news.
Good to hear it's working for you. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:21 pm 

stealth_lee wrote:
cocacola wrote:

Well, that's good news.

Yes i am happpy to! however, this sould not have worked, and i hate misterys.
Anyone From Geovision that can provide a awnser?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:09 pm 

cocacola wrote:
stealth_lee wrote:
cocacola wrote:

Well, that's good news.

Yes i am happpy to! however, this sould not have worked, and i hate misterys.
Anyone From Geovision that can provide a awnser?

I agree. This whole GV-VMS issue is very confusing. For example, I just purchased a GV-NVR dongle not that long ago, maybe a year or more. Now GV-VMS is out and at the same time, it seems as though GV-NVR support is being dropped because no new features are being added to GV-NVR, almost like they are phasing out GV-NVR but they aren't really saying that, so it is confusing.

Anyway, if someone just purchased a GV-NVR dongle and wants to run GV-VMS for 3rd party cameras, they should be able to just upgrade to GV-VMS for free because GV-VMS is basically the same product as GV-NVR with a name change and a couple added features that should have been in GV-NVR since inception. (custom layouts).

With all the confusion surrounding GV-VMS, I am considering other options. I've been using Geovision products for over 10 years but this kind of confusion doesn't make me very confident in my GV choices.

I hope that they do something soon and give people an idea of what to expect with GV-NVR - GV-VMS. But the way I see it, it appears as though GV-NVR is heading towards no longer being supported. I submitted a feature request for GV-NVR recently and was told they are no longer accepting feature requests due to GV-VMS being released.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:06 pm 

No awnser fron Geovision, that sucked! :oops:

@ LittleScoobyMaster
That BlueIris program, is that an option for you ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:05 pm 

So I am kind of new here...just purchased and installed some GV IP cameras, and they are pretty nice! Next I installed GV-VMS which seems like it installed A LOT of other stuff, and the DVD that ships with the cameras must have had 40 programs on it....
Anyways, I fire up VMS, I go to INSTALL CAMERA, it searches, finds the ones I have, I configure them so their status is GREEN, then close the window. NOTHING comes up in monitor. Now in fairness, there was a patch on their website, which when extracted has two folders mostly of DLLs or INFs and no instructions on what to do with them.

Any way I can see my cameras? I can see them one at a time through the URL. But I wanted VMS so I could monitor and record them.
If not, any other software options out there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 pm 

dougp23 wrote:
So I am kind of new here...just purchased and installed some GV IP cameras, and they are pretty nice! Next I installed GV-VMS which seems like it installed A LOT of other stuff, and the DVD that ships with the cameras must have had 40 programs on it....
Anyways, I fire up VMS, I go to INSTALL CAMERA, it searches, finds the ones I have, I configure them so their status is GREEN, then close the window. NOTHING comes up in monitor. Now in fairness, there was a patch on their website, which when extracted has two folders mostly of DLLs or INFs and no instructions on what to do with them.

Any way I can see my cameras? I can see them one at a time through the URL. But I wanted VMS so I could monitor and record them.

After you install them, you have to then assign them to a camera number. Usually, from the Install camera location is where you do that. You right click and click Display camera at this position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:32 am 

dougp23 wrote:

Hi,

It seems that you have added camera to VMS but did not place the camera to live view layout. Please try press "F5" key on your keyboard to bring up the content list and under "camera" you can expand all the cameras then use your mouse to drag the cameras (one by one) you want directly to add to VMS live view layout. If you are not satisfied with live view layout you can customize it under "layout" in content list.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by stealth_lee on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:34 am 

LittleScoobyMaster wrote:
After you install them, you have to then assign them to a camera number. Usually, from the Install camera location is where you do that. You right click and click Display camera at this position.

Hi,

Doug is using VMS not NVR/Multicam so...

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next