Siiak

Geovision datacapture V3e with Ruby 2

Hi all,

Has anyone hooked up the geo data capture box with a VeriFone Ruby2 system to overlay the transaction data, the customer pole display is hooked to com3 which is a RJ45, I think the system is providing data and power to the pole display via the cable, I will appreciate if any one has a pin out configuration for a link where I can buy the premade cable .

thanks

Did you find a solution to this? We just recently installed the Ruby 2 and cannot seem to get the Geovision V3E to work correctly. We tried using the same configuration from a Sapphire/Ruby but it won't work.

Did you find a solution to this? We just recently installed the Ruby 2 and cannot seem to get the Geovision V3E to work correctly. We tried using the same configuration from a Sapphire/Ruby but it won't work.

No Still searching for a solution Geo was not a big help, please keep me in loop if u find a solution.

Thanks

No Still searching for a solution Geo was not a big help, please keep me in loop if u find a solution.

Thanks

We finally got it working. We had to change the baud rate to 1200 and data bit to 8 on the V3E. The port has to be configured on the Ruby 2 correctly as well....it has to be set to the DVR something...sorry...we use a petroleum service to set that part up so I can't help much there.

If I get more info, I'll post for you.

Thanks

We finally got it working. We had to change the baud rate to 1200 and data bit to 8 on the V3E. The port has to be configured on the Ruby 2 correctly as well....it has to be set to the DVR something...sorry...we use a petroleum service to set that part up so I can't help much there.

If I get more info, I'll post for you.

I will really appreciate your help, which com port dose the cable goto also the cable did you use a standard RJ45 to db9 straight serial cable or did you custom made it.

Thanks

I will really appreciate your help, which com port dose the cable goto also the cable did you use a standard RJ45 to db9 straight serial cable or did you custom made it.

Thanks

We programmed COM5...again someone will have to program the Ruby 2 COM port for the virtual printer. We use a standard ethernet cable from the Ruby 2 to a RJ/45-DB25 adapter. We pin the adapters ourselves. Pin2-Orange...Pin3-Blue...Pin6-Black...Pin7-Yellow...the rest I don't use. That DB25 plugs into the Parallel Port to Printer/RS-232 (DB25) Female on the V3E.

Hope that helps!

Ruby 2 works on Com port 5, set to False in commander. on the inserter side 9600 8/n/1. One of our Petro service guy turned me on to a great help forum at www.pei.org (petro help site for techs) Great site if you are running newer registers.

Hi all, could we connect the RJ45 to DB9 instead of DB25? Did anyone tried that before? Verifone Ruby2. Com5 to DVR.

Any info would be appreciated!

I am using this pin layout:

DB9> RJ45

1>2

2>6

3>5

4>1

5>4

6>3

7>7

8>8

9 null

I can get the data every time I type product on the cashier, but the data I got is something like Greek.... 9600/8/1/n.

I don't know if is the pin layout causing the issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks again.