dandex

Building a Geovision system

Hey, DVR_Expert, you you mean PCI-E (PCI-Express) cause if you're just getting PCI-X then you're lagging behind a little.

10/do not place the geo card int he first pci slot

Why is not recomended to use the first PCI slot?

The first PCI slot generally has a shared IRQ with the AGP and is ment for video card use.

Hello, Do you think I can have 2 diferent DVR cards in the same machine, running just the one I decide

I want to test Geo and Huper in the same PC.

Thanks.

Personally I would not do it but in theory it should work as long as they do not steal the IRQ's from each other, I would uninstall it from the device manager and leave it uninstalled... hard to do with XP unles you know what your doing, removing the INI files ought to do the trick for you though.

It would be more practical to taqke one out while testing the other

I think people are very right in this thread that point out how many people build PC DVR's and know very little about computers. Heck even I built a desktop PC as a DVR in my day (don't tell anyone). But, if your going to use something like a geoVision (good interface, easy for users to use), use a Workstation or Server based motherboard/case. We build only with Workstation grade systems. SATA with Hardware RAID, SATA, etc. It's not the cards, its the computer builders.

It was easy for us as we come from the IT world and not the security alarm world. Night and day on quality. By the way, a workstation class system is not a fast system, it is quality of the motherboard/case that makes it a Workstation or Server. The systems are made to handle longer lifecycles, heat, usage, etc. Anyone who builds desktop systems are waiting their customers money in my opinion.

Think about stand alone DVR devices (many are just cheap PC's in a DVD looking case). Something to think about anyway.