bankrboy30

Layout List is greyed out / not available in Control Center

I've recently added 2 additional 60" monitors on top of the 2 existing 60's to allow my client to view more of our cameras from a combination of DVR's an NVR and a handful of Video Servers (GV-VS14's etc.)

First hurdle was though the existing video card would recognize 4 monitors, it would only allow me to activate 2 at a time - added another video card and can now extend the desktop across all 4 monitors.

Then I go into control center and create 2 new Matrixes but I cannot open / assign their start position to the 2 new monitors. The layout list icon is greyed out / inaccessible.

It will allow me to open the 3rd matrix but places it over the first matrix on monitor 1 - not what we were looking for and at a lower resolution in the top left corner of the monitor.

I am lost as to why this is. We have a dongle but I have never known its purpose as all of the equipment / cards - video servers etc. are all Geo-Vision so we are not using any 3rd party IP cameras.

The application position window will come up but all of the icons at bottom for various Matrixes are also greyed out.

Any ideas? Client is not pleased after investing in the new 60's and their installation - and I am on the hook for getting this to work before I can get paid.

Hardware for the "VIEWER-PC" who's only purpose is to provide an aggregate view of our various host DVR's and other sources (NVR/Video Servers) is about as robust as you can get.

Core i7 4790k 16GB Ram - System Drive is a RAID0 SSD array (lightning fast) and storage though currently unused is 2xWD Purple Surveillance Rated Drives. Video Cards are 2xRadeon 6770 HD's. I am thinking it may be a Dongle issue but the system doesn't in anyway indicate that I have hit a theoretical limit...

Many thanks for any advice as to how to proceed from here.

--JMS

Its been several days and I am still at a loss as to why I am encountering this issue.

I am on-site today trying to resolve the problem - just as a test to attempt to determine if it is a restriction per our dongle I went ahead and created 4 Matrixes with only 8 cameras each and the layout list icon remains greyed out (inaccessible) - The system is recognizing the 4 monitors as they show up in application position interface but again all of the matrixes / emap / vmd icons below the monitor layout portion of the screen remain greyed out.

Truly at a loss and any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated !!

--J

So I managed to figure this out on my own - hopefully it may help someone else who inherits a system like I did in working with this client and / or forgets after some time the less than intuitive way that this works...

In the end if I remember correctly when in the application layout section if you right click on the greyed out matrixes at the bottom it will give you options on where to place them. I guess drag and drop or any # of more intuitive ways to achieve this were not considered when writing the software...