LittleScoobyMaster

GV-NVR to GV-VMS upgrade. Is it Free or does it cost bones?

Curious if the GV-NVR 3rd party camera license to convert to GV-VMS costs anything or not?

For example, if you just purchased a 3rd party GV-NVR 4 cam dongle last week, does it cost extra to use the GV-VMS 14.10 version?

Curious if the GV-NVR 3rd party camera license to convert to GV-VMS costs anything or not?

For example, if you just purchased a 3rd party GV-NVR 4 cam dongle last week, does it cost extra to use the GV-VMS 14.10 version?

Unfortunately GV-NVR and GV-VMS licenses are two spearate products and cannot be converted to use with either or.

Unfortunately GV-NVR and GV-VMS licenses are two spearate products and cannot be converted to use with either or.

That's odd because when I requested a feature enhancement for GV-NVR, I was told that GV-NVR was at end of life and no future enhancements were coming and everyone on GV-NVR will eventually have to upgrade to GV-VMS.

So, GV-VMS is the upgrade to GV-NVR but there is no pricing available for how much the upgrade costs to go from NVR to VMS? Can you elaborate? I tried to find a link for pricing but even Geo support did not know where one was. I wish they would send something out or post a link. I found all the links for how to upgrade GV-NVR to VMS, but nothing on how much that will cost. thanks

That's odd because when I requested a feature enhancement for GV-NVR, I was told that GV-NVR was at end of life and no future enhancements were coming and everyone on GV-NVR will eventually have to upgrade to GV-VMS.

So, GV-VMS is the upgrade to GV-NVR but there is no pricing available for how much the upgrade costs to go from NVR to VMS? Can you elaborate? I tried to find a link for pricing but even Geo support did not know where one was. I wish they would send something out or post a link. I found all the links for how to upgrade GV-NVR to VMS, but nothing on how much that will cost. thanks

VMS is free up to 32 channels of GeoVision Cameras with an option to increase the free license to VMS Pro for 64 channels of Geo.

If you're using 3rd Party cameras, you'll need a license for each camera as well as a VMS license if you wish to go over 64 channels.

GV-VMS001 1ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 170.00

GV-VMS002 2ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 280.00

GV-VMS004 4ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 470.00

GV-VMS006 6ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 700.00

GV-VMS016 16ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 1,688

To get to the max of 32 ch on VMS Free you can use up to a max of 4 license keys or dongles. i.e 8+8+8+8=32, 28+4=32

VMS is free up to 32 channels of GeoVision Cameras with an option to increase the free license to VMS Pro for 64 channels of Geo.

If you're using 3rd Party cameras, you'll need a license for each camera as well as a VMS license if you wish to go over 64 channels.

GV-VMS001 1ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 170.00

GV-VMS002 2ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 280.00

GV-VMS004 4ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 470.00

GV-VMS006 6ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 700.00

GV-VMS016 16ch 3rd Party MSRP $ 1,688

To get to the max of 32 ch on VMS Free you can use up to a max of 4 license keys or dongles. i.e 8+8+8+8=32, 28+4=32

275254_1.jpg

Holy DOUBLE Moly!

That is almost double the price I paid for a 4 camera license of GV-NVR for 3rd party cameras. What the heck?

Milestone only charges $50 per camera, which has become the norm. This is highway robbery, no doubt.

Are you certain that is the cost quoted above? Are you sure this isn't the VMS Pro version pricing quoted above?