Sign in to follow this  
XOIIO

Looking for GV-system software v 7.0.5

Hey all, I got a geovision GV-800v3 capture card on local classifieds for $20 which seemed like a great deal, it's essentially new old stock, and was never even put in a computer, however the software CD is missing.

All the downloads and links I've found while scouring the web are completely dead, I downloaded the latest one from the site, but it told me it was not compatible (even though it listed this card, I guess they mean the pci express version), and to download v 7.0.5.0 (which has been impossible so far lol)

I doubt it, but maybe someone has a cd they could upload an image of, or knows of how I can get it. I sent an email off to geovision but who knows how long that will take to get a reply on.

Hi,

GV800 card is quite old and I have virtually no experience with it.

AFAIK, there are many revisions of GV800 card and so the accompanying software version also varies.

For example, GV800v3 card have version 3.0, 3.01, 3.30 and 3.31, also there is a model called GV800_4A card.

So maybe it is best that you can take a clear photo of front and back of that GV800 card and provide it to geovision so you can be sure they will give you the correct answer you are looking for.

Please forgive me that I wasn't being helpful.

Hi,

GV800 card is quite old and I have virtually no experience with it.

AFAIK, there are many revisions of GV800 card and so the accompanying software version also varies.

For example, GV800v3 card have version 3.0, 3.01, 3.30 and 3.31, also there is a model called GV800_4A card.

So maybe it is best that you can take a clear photo of front and back of that GV800 card and provide it to geovision so you can be sure they will give you the correct answer you are looking for.

Please forgive me that I wasn't being helpful.

Yeah, I got their first reply and they asked for exactly that, however it's been a whole 18 hours and still haven't heard back :/ Iwas hoping someone might know of another archive of their files or something.

I've been looking into it more and found another forum that I missed, however, this mentions that there are a lot of fake card out there apparently, and this has me concerned.

I got it in a real box, with the manual and guide for the audio/video setup, and an audio board (though It's not the correct one, it has a blue pcb and different connectors, since it was from some sort of company I'm guessing they got multiple ones and mixed up parts that they didn't use since it's new old stock, everything had anti static bags, some sealed others were the staple type)

There isn't a holographic sticker on this one and the oscillators are the metal can type, not the other type (small and grey and looks like an inductor).

However this is an old card, so I don't know if maybe that's just how these ones were made? It did ask fo 7.0.5 which they mentioned is another sign of a possible fake, but that was the software telling me it was incompatible, I didn't get a message saying it was a fake. I really hope this isn't, I don't know if it might be or if it's just changes from the years of production. It wasn't expensive, but I can't exactly afford a new one right now lol, plus this is something I need to set up pretty quickly.

278853_1.jpg

278853_2.jpg

You are going to have a hard time getting this up and running. What pc will you be installing this in? what is the operating system? You may be better off buying a DVR.

You are going to have a hard time getting this up and running. What pc will you be installing this in? what is the operating system? You may be better off buying a DVR.

I have an old shuttle xpc that I can install whatever OS I need on it (though windows xp might be tricky), I did find one version of 7.0.5 on 4shared, however when starting it up I get an error for direct dray overlay, and it says that it can not read from the registry, then it crashes. It's running on windows 7 32 bit, with an amd sempron 2800+ at 1.6ghz, and has 4gb of ram. Video card won't be very good (probably 256 or 512mb) however I only need to capture from two cameras at most, probably just one.

I did have an axis video server which was great, I used it to feed into some motion detection software but the damn thing died on me and I've been hoping for a cheap alternative ever since.

A standalone dvr would work well, and I did a full install of one including setting up notifications, port forwarding, running all the cables and stuff, but by the time one arrives if I could afford it on such short notice, I'll be out of the country for two months.

I have an old shuttle xpc that I can install whatever OS I need on it (though windows xp might be tricky), I did find one version of 7.0.5 on 4shared, however when starting it up I get an error for direct dray overlay, and it says that it can not read from the registry, then it crashes. It's running on windows 7 32 bit, with an amd sempron 2800+ at 1.6ghz, and has 4gb of ram. Video card won't be very good (probably 256 or 512mb) however I only need to capture from two cameras at most, probably just one.

I did have an axis video server which was great, I used it to feed into some motion detection software but the damn thing died on me and I've been hoping for a cheap alternative ever since.

You are likely going to have driver issues with windows 7...'

If you are only using a single camera, why not just use an ipcamera with an SD card slot. You will get a much better image than you are getting now and you dont need to keep a pc running.

You are likely going to have driver issues with windows 7...'

If you are only using a single camera, why not just use an ipcamera with an SD card slot. You will get a much better image than you are getting now and you dont need to keep a pc running.

I've got two old school bnc cable cameras, this is going to be sitting out in the garage, and there's no wifi signal out there (well, if I use a satellite dish as a parabolic reflector I can get a horribly intermittent one) and we can't run an ethernet cable out there, running a PC out there is fine though, I had a blade server out there for quite a long time with battery backups, so one of these xpc computers will be an extremely minimal amount of power compared to that. I pretty much just just have this stuff to work with, and chances are there won't be any sort of vandalism but if there is I wouldn't want to stick a wireless ip camera/one with an SD card out there, most would be one of those $20 ones with infrared cameras that you get with the cheaper dvr kits, they have pretty nice video quality, and the ones I have right now aren't bad either.

I'll download a windows xp iso with updated drivers right now to try it on that, I don't mind since it will be unattended anyways. It's pretty much just to capture if anyone vandalizes the new garage door while we are gone, if it comes to it I can just put one out there as a deterrent but I'd really like to have it functional.

I managed to get one working! Camera is having trouble focusing, I'll have to go grab the other one and see if it's a problem with this one, the real problem is that the program seems to be in portugese lol, I didn't get an option to change the language, so I don't have a clue how to navigate the menus or set up anything. I'll have to see if I can find the settings.

I've been looking into it more and found another forum that I missed, however, this mentions that there are a lot of fake card out there apparently, and this has me concerned.

I got it in a real box, with the manual and guide for the audio/video setup, and an audio board (though It's not the correct one, it has a blue pcb and different connectors, since it was from some sort of company I'm guessing they got multiple ones and mixed up parts that they didn't use since it's new old stock, everything had anti static bags, some sealed others were the staple type)

There isn't a holographic sticker on this one and the oscillators are the metal can type, not the other type (small and grey and looks like an inductor).

However this is an old card, so I don't know if maybe that's just how these ones were made? It did ask fo 7.0.5 which they mentioned is another sign of a possible fake, but that was the software telling me it was incompatible, I didn't get a message saying it was a fake. I really hope this isn't, I don't know if it might be or if it's just changes from the years of production. It wasn't expensive, but I can't exactly afford a new one right now lol, plus this is something I need to set up pretty quickly.

278853_1.jpg

278853_2.jpg

Hi,

From the pictures you posted, the card is GV800 ver 3.01 and it looks authentic to me, but it's better for geovision to verify it for you.

I googled the old version 7.0.5, you can try download it here: http://ow.ly/TnePw

Hope it helps.

If you encounter any errors, you can post the error message/screenshot here so we can have a better chance of helping you.

278853_1.jpg

278853_2.jpg

Hi,

From the pictures you posted, the card is GV800 ver 3.01 and it looks authentic to me, but it's better for geovision to verify it for you.

I googled the old version 7.0.5, you can try download it here: http://ow.ly/TnePw

Hope it helps.

If you encounter any errors, you can post the error message/screenshot here so we can have a better chance of helping you.

Unfortunately that software crashes, I am unsure why as the other 7.0.5 software works.

Geovision confirmed it was a real card, but mention that without the sic key it only works with software up to 6.0.5, which is strange. I asked for both versions to double check.

Well shouldn't have uninstalled the one I had working, now I can't get any of them to work, figures lol

Got the 6.0.5 software and it works great, the motion detection is a bit simpler than what I used before (doesn't show where the motion is occuring so it's going to be a bit harder to set up a mask) but it captures just fine. I don't think I'd be able to set up an email notification since the smtp settings don't have authorization unfortunately, but to do that anyways I'd need a complicated setup with another computer forwarding a crummy wifi signal through ethernet lol.

One issue I do have however, is that the video file plays back really fast when you don't use the event viewer, anyone know why/a potential fix aside from editing it and trying to find the right speed to slow it down by?

Edit: ah supposedly it just has to do with the video viewer using the time to play it at the proper speed, and while the video is at 30fps, the actual capture is far from that. Oh well.