Sign in to follow this  
OneEyeWillie

GV-5016 ver 8.5.9.0 trouble shutdown when restarting

Hi,

I've been having a spot of trouble with the software (ver 8.5.9.0) of Geovision GV-5016 DVR. I require the computer to perform an automated restart via a powershell/batch file (or similar).

I've attempted stop-processes and stop-services of all manner on the associated Geovision processes and services, with the result being that the computer hangs up on shut down.

I've tried forced shut downs via powershell with the same problem.

Manually exiting out of Geovision results in a normal restart.

It's highly possible I've overlooked something. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

It seems that you have an old version software, have you tried update to the latest version 8.6.2.0?

You can download it here: http://bit.ly/1RfPgXk

It would be nice if you can provide some info about your PC equipment spec and the configuration of your GV5016 card.

For example:

• The CPU model, mainboard model and mainboard BIOS version

• What OS are you running?

• The card is in duo card or single card mode

• Which PCIe slot is the card inserted

• Photos of front and back of GV5016 card

• The powershell script/batch file used to restart PC

You can also provide the Application log and System log in Windows' event viewer and save it as *.evtx file.

You can find how to access Windows Event Viewer here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

I might have a better chance helping you if I have the above info.

Hi,

I've been having a spot of trouble with the software (ver 8.5.9.0) of Geovision GV-5016 DVR. I require the computer to perform an automated restart via a powershell/batch file (or similar).

I've attempted stop-processes and stop-services of all manner on the associated Geovision processes and services, with the result being that the computer hangs up on shut down.

I've tried forced shut downs via powershell with the same problem.

Manually exiting out of Geovision results in a normal restart.

It's highly possible I've overlooked something. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

I know if you initiate a 'normal' shutdown, it will hang for 15 minutes(Windows default 'hung process' timeout), this has been a problem for quite some time INCLUDING the latest 8.6.2.0 so upgrading will not help you there

I always use the command shutdown -r -t 20 from the cli or from within a scheduled task if needed. The -r parameter means 'restart and the -t 20 parameter causes it to 'force' shutdown of all processes after 20 a second wait.

BUT is there a reason you can't use the restart feature built into the software? (System Configuration menu > Auto-Reboot Setup)