doubledrat

run script on motion detection?

hi all

I'm running a gv800B on software v8.5. I'd like to run a script when GV detects motion on one of my cameras, but I can't find out how to do it. Is it possible?

thanks

Bob

In case anyone else needs to know how to do this. I implemented the following workaround -

• Set the camera to alert with a custom .wav. I picked a .wav file that is just 1 sec of silence as I don't want an audible alert.
  • Enabled file auditing in windows. (run secpol.msc, Local policies, audit policy, audit object access, tick success & failure)
  • Set an auditing trigger on my .wav file (file properties, security, advanced, auditing, add, everyone alert on read)

this means an eventlog entry is created every time the .wav file is opened by geovision, which is every time the camera alerts. Nearly there

now play the .wav file yourself, then go into eventwr.exe and look in the windows logs, security. You will see several events - pick one that only happens once (can't remember the number), click on it and and select "Attach task to this event...", configure your script and any other parameters you want.

your script will now be run every time geovision alerts