Sign in to follow this  
albert5980

GV-600B Card

Greetings all,

I am an IT tech for a restaurant corporation repairing and working mostly with POS systems and networking. I have very little experience with security cameras so please bear with me. I was asked to build a PC based DVR to set up in a restaurant. I have a Geovision GV-600B card and 4 cameras from a DVR set top box that failed. I have the card installed on a Dell Inspiron 660 running 64bit Windows 7 Pro. with dual VGA out available. The Card seems to work fine on Geovision latest DVR software 8.6.2.0. My problem begins with the view configuration I am needing which is as follows:

I need 2 of the 4 cameras publicly viewable in a split screen view on one monitor. I need the other 2 viewable on a separate backhouse monitor for private view. The Geovision software does not seem to allow that type of configuration. Is there any way to modify this, or Any other software that may be compatible with this card and be able to perform the requested operation?

Thanks in advance,

Albert

Greetings all,

I am an IT tech for a restaurant corporation repairing and working mostly with POS systems and networking. I have very little experience with security cameras so please bear with me. I was asked to build a PC based DVR to set up in a restaurant. I have a Geovision GV-600B card and 4 cameras from a DVR set top box that failed. I have the card installed on a Dell Inspiron 660 running 64bit Windows 7 Pro. with dual VGA out available. The Card seems to work fine on Geovision latest DVR software 8.6.2.0. My problem begins with the view configuration I am needing which is as follows:

I need 2 of the 4 cameras publicly viewable in a split screen view on one monitor. I need the other 2 viewable on a separate backhouse monitor for private view. The Geovision software does not seem to allow that type of configuration. Is there any way to modify this, or Any other software that may be compatible with this card and be able to perform the requested operation?

Thanks in advance,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Did you try out the Digital Matrix function in DVR v8.6.2.0 on multi-monitor to see if it fit your needs?

You can set the 2 pubic viewable cameras on Digital Matrix.