nbarr7655

Cannot Login to Geovision! HELP

This is isn't your usual "I forgot my login info, what do I do?" post. I wish it were. We have multiple video servers and one of them we swapped out with a new one. Upon trying to clean up the old server I found that when I was in Geovision I didn't have all of the regular options. I figured this was because I didn't have some administrative rights. So, I clicked the option to logout. Now though when I start up GeoVision it asks me to login. When I click the large Yellow Key button to login it brings up a window where I am suppose to enter my ID and password. Problem is, we never created an ID. We had the program set to autologin without one

Furthermore, I tried "admin" in the username and password field with no luck. Even when I click "Forgot Password" and enter in ANY ID it says it can't find that ID. I have tried to uninstall and remove GeoVision from every nook and cranny and reinstall it with no luck whatsoever.

Anyone else have any ideas? It is Version 5.0.0 running GV-1480

why not go to a later version I think there is a file that geo creates on your hd that you can erase I think it is a file with pwd as an extension look through some of these old posts on how to reset. Sorry about being so vague.

Old topic, but I have a few suggestions unless you've already tried these.

Uninstalling GeoVision will not delete all files and registry. So try one of these two;

• 1. Search for Passuninstall.exe - this GV .exe should uninstall whatever your password is. Not sure if your version of GeoVision has this option.
    2. Delete registry values. You need to make sure you delete the right ones.

If you forgot to enable "allow removing password system", PassUninstall.exe is unable to execute.

the only way is re-install windows.