Sign in to follow this  
wregister80

New System Planning

Quick question for you guys. I have a property I am quoting IP cameras for. There are 2 separate buildings with about 6 or 7 cameras going to each building.

I am trying to not have to run separate cables from the NVR system building to each camera. So, I am wanting to split the cameras up into POE switches.

In your guys experience what is the maximum cameras that can be ran off of a single Cat 6 cable? I was thinking of running just 2 Cat 6's to each building and then using two POE switches and hooking up 3 - 4 cameras per switch.

I just want to make sure that one Cat 6 cable will run 3 - 4 cameras OK. Thanks

Quick question for you guys. I have a property I am quoting IP cameras for. There are 2 separate buildings with about 6 or 7 cameras going to each building.

I am trying to not have to run separate cables from the NVR system building to each camera. So, I am wanting to split the cameras up into POE switches.

In your guys experience what is the maximum cameras that can be ran off of a single Cat 6 cable? I was thinking of running just 2 Cat 6's to each building and then using two POE switches and hooking up 3 - 4 cameras per switch.

I just want to make sure that one Cat 6 cable will run 3 - 4 cameras OK. Thanks

used gigabyte poe switch and calculate