JonM

GV-NVR & GV-Edge - Data Capature V3E POS Text Overlay

Hi,

I am pretty new to CCTV (background in EPOS systems)

I have set up a GV-NVR with a Data Capture V3E box which is working fine. When sales are made via the epos terminal it overlays the output on both the live video as well as playback.

I have now setup GV-Edge for remote viewing/playback - When viewing live data the text overlays on the video fine. However, when viewing the information via 'Remote Playback' the POS Text isn't overlayed on the video (I am able to see/search the text on the right hand side via the Date/Time Search)

The reason for this being fairly important is the GV-NVR will be located on site but will have no monitor (accessible via remote desktop) The majority of video interrogation will be carried out remotely via the GV-Edge system which is why i am hopeful it is capable of displaying the POS text when viewing the recorded data.

If this is not possible is there any other Geovision setup i can try? How do people get round this?

Many Thanks,

Jon

Hi,

I am pretty new to CCTV (background in EPOS systems)

I have set up a GV-NVR with a Data Capture V3E box which is working fine. When sales are made via the epos terminal it overlays the output on both the live video as well as playback.

I have now setup GV-Edge for remote viewing/playback - When viewing live data the text overlays on the video fine. However, when viewing the information via 'Remote Playback' the POS Text isn't overlayed on the video (I am able to see/search the text on the right hand side via the Date/Time Search)

The reason for this being fairly important is the GV-NVR will be located on site but will have no monitor (accessible via remote desktop) The majority of video interrogation will be carried out remotely via the GV-Edge system which is why i am hopeful it is capable of displaying the POS text when viewing the recorded data.

If this is not possible is there any other Geovision setup i can try? How do people get round this?

Many Thanks,

Jon

I still haven't understood the need for GV-Edge. Is it the upgrade to Geo's DMMultiview \ Remote Viewlog solution?

Have you tried DMMultiview \ Remote Viewlog for remote viewing of live and recorded streams? I use it and have gotten used to it. It's a bit clunky but has worked ok over the years. I don't use it for POS however, so I don't know if it would strip the POS data or not.

Also. GV-VMS is the new version of GV-NVR. GV-NVR has reached end of new features and is being phased out by GV-VMS.

If GV-NVR doesn't work for the issue you are trying to resolve, you may want to give it a shot with GV-VMS since it is Geo's newer version, and even if you submit a software enhancement request for GV-NVR, they will most likely only apply it to GV-VMS. I tried to have a software enhancement added to GV-NVR recently and they told me they are no longer taking requests for it. Only for GV-VMS going forward.

GV-VMS demos are available on the Geo website and used to work for 60 days free. Think they still do.

If you do get a quote for the upgrade conversion of your GV-NVR dongle to GV-VMS, post the price here. I have seen the cost for GV-NVR to GV-VMS run anywhere from $7.5 per 3rd party camera up to $70 depending on the vendor.

I think what happened is that Geo never posted a cost and so vendors are just charging anything they want for the upgrade which should really be free or very close to free. $7.5 per cam is a reasonable amount, but the higher end is insane pricing, especially because in some cases they are charging more for the upgrade than it costs to just by GV-VMS alone.