Sign in to follow this  
humanis

Putting together a new system

I was needing some help and suggestions about putting together a new dvr system. I already have all the cameras(they came from an old DVR set and the main unit burned out). I have a 3tb harddrive and I want something with support for at least 24 cameras and also allows me to view them from my phone or tablet. I am not certain as to which cpu or gpu to get that would best serve such a system nor do I know which DVR card to get. I am tech savy and have built my own gaming systems before but I don't know where to begin as to purchasing a DVR card as I don't want to spend $2,000 when an $800 card will do the same thing. Any tips and suggestions would be great!

I was needing some help and suggestions about putting together a new dvr system. I already have all the cameras(they came from an old DVR set and the main unit burned out). I have a 3tb harddrive and I want something with support for at least 24 cameras and also allows me to view them from my phone or tablet. I am not certain as to which cpu or gpu to get that would best serve such a system nor do I know which DVR card to get. I am tech savy and have built my own gaming systems before but I don't know where to begin as to purchasing a DVR card as I don't want to spend $2,000 when an $800 card will do the same thing. Any tips and suggestions would be great!

Stop. Dont waste your money on ANY dvr card. You dont need one, its 2016.

Start researching IP cameras. Throw out those old analog cameras.

Alternatively, if you are stuck on using the cams, just by a replacement DVR.