cctv_down_under

Geovision about to release version 6.1

Man, I just got a Beta for testing the latest 6.1 software, MAN OH MAN, what a list of features, you should see some of the cool stuff they have changed, it is officially released in 2 weeks and I promise to post the new stuff up here as soon as it is... bloody hell though they sure have done it again, it is evreything I asked for and more!!

Nah I argued with them over the GUI but I do not think they have changed it, I only got a list of features so far... have not installed it yet.

Nope theri distribution will still suck but there is a lot of Manufactorers doing the same these days, I had the GE rep here the other day and was prepared to sell to me with small quantities even thought they have major distributors... mind you I would have had to sign a disclosure to not reveal the prices.

a disclosure, yep, that sounds like GE, i had to sign one for the developers activeX control they sent me.

If Geo could give , even sell, an activeX control, for their cards, and standalones, now that would be nice! Since it will still only work with their products, they have nothing to loose, even they can make sure the developers put their name on it somewhere. Have any of you tried to use their ocx files in a dvelopment enviroment, if they have any. Alot of the demos I have tested have them as activeX controls, and in development, I can simply add them in and figure them out, but I dont have any hardware to test, plus there are so many i installed i dont even remember which one is which. GEs WaveReader control, wont allow use in development, which is why you need a seperate control, once again, limiting the developers.

Do you have to wait until the beta is out to post the new features in 6.1 that you know of?

I'm kinda curious as to what they are. I recently picked up a GV600v3-8 so I can decide if I someday want to upgrade my home surveillance server and then go with a GV900 to put in it. I don't want to fork over all that cash for a new server and a $1000 card until I'm sure I like the software that the thing uses.

So far I am pretty impressed with Geovision's software but the 1024x768 limitation for some of the panels is a pain, but regardless, it makes my old Osprey 100 system look like a toy. Normally I don't like software to be so granular but with surveillance software it can be a good thing.

i hear you DVR, lots a work.

I downloaded the activeX, thanks for the link, will check it out tomorrow (or later tonight) and PM you on what I find out.

thanks

Rory

This is what one of the Geovision reps gave me as a list for 6.1 but it could be innacurate:

"I'm listing the new features for our V6.1 software as below for your reference."

E-map for easy practical plan design

PTZ auto tracking moving objects

Object index of motion detection files

Disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del

Vital Sign Monitor for immediate system status report

Object Monitor ( Suspicious object / Lost object)

IR remote controller

SMS message notice

Touch screen panel useable

Does this match what you have listed, or is it way off base?

Or, does the current version alreay include the above feature set?