Zyra Tech

Geovision "key pro" and "card setup fail&quot

What the crap? I put this card into a non-dedicated computer that I had at my office to play with v6.0 I'm getting "can't find key pro" and "card setup fail" I removed anything and everything that is geo related and I'm still getting those errors. What gives?

That's geo for you.

is tyhe computer a intel chipset computer?

AMD will have problems.

I actually found that on a google search. Actually it was about the only reference to the problem I could find. Followed it to the letter and it still doesn't work.

The crazy thing is the card was working fine under that version and then all of a sudden I went to open the sofware up and got the error.

I've already wasted too much time trying to get it up and running.

It's a painful reminder of why I gave up on Geovision.

another reminder of why i use standalones

now, not saying pc cards are bad, just saying stand alones are ready tested and they are just plug & play, well, most of them.

Rory

That problem occurs when you load the software before loading the drivers for the card.. if you did this then remove the INI files and do it again, if you load the softwrae and then the drivers then it cant see the dongle!...KEY PRO.

Also happens if card is inserted in first PCI slot if it is shared with AGP

As a general rule, any card in the first PCI slot with the AGP slot in use will give you some sort of error. Some cards take longer then others, and some show thier effects in wierd ways.

Right on Thomas... You sure know your stuff, what do you guys sell...??

Rory, you cant see the softwrae without the card.. Just like a standalone!

Uhh, with a standalone, and other PC cards, I can see the software, I just cannot connect, but at least I can see what the software looks and feels like.

What the.....your talking about the main softwrae at least I thought you were.... I fail to see how you can take a cd and see the softwrae without the actual device.. if you meant remote software, of course... you dont need hardware for remote software..

id like to try the software, the main software, without the card, not to actually connect to the card, but to just see what it looks like, like I can with all other PC card software, local and remote. it should be able to tell whether a card is installed or not, and open the software non the less. All i get is a keypro error.

We try to provide excellent techincal support. And for what we sell, we sell PCI cards and software bundles, as well as prebuilt systems.

obviously not, the main software is embedded on the DVR, but as GEO's is windows software and it is not run from the card, they should allow people to demo it. I guess like you said, they are afraid of pirating. I havent seen any other PC DVR card software that wont run without the card, if anything it will give an error or not function, but will still open up.

Anyhow, It doesnt matter, I was only curious.