JSTUBB

Geovision or H-series card?

Had already decided to buy the Geovision GV-800 till I spoke with someone at www.dvrsystems.net who recommended the H 120-8 H-series card because it was better for the money and the remote software performed better.

Does anyone have any experience with the H-series cards. I think Sentry is the maker.

Here is a quote from Adtech Security:

"In addition, the cost for performance is FAR SUPERIOR to ANY DVR Card on the market today. For example, the GV816 Card w/ 480 fps DSP Add on Card, and input card would cost well over $2,000.00 while the H48016 does the EXACT SAME THING for just $1,599.00. Now THAT's Performance AND Value!"

HS30-4 $270.00

HS30-8 $370.00

HS30-16 $425.00

H-120-4 $509.00

H-120-8 $699.00

H-120-16 $799.00

H-240-8 $899.00

H-240-16 $1050.00

H-480-16 $1599.00

Multi-board Capability per System ( Stackable Boards )

Up to four H-30-4 boards can be used in one system providing a 4 port 30fps system, 8 port 60fps system, 12 port 90fps system or 120fps 16 port system. Up to two H-120-8 boards can be used in one system providing an 8 port 120fps system or 16 port 240fps system. Up to two H-120-4 boards can be placed in one system providing a 4 port 120fps system or 8 port 240fps system.

Excellent Image Quality

H Series boards and software provide excellent image display and recording quality through proprietary drivers and compression. Video can be displayed and recorded at 320x240, 640x240 or a true 640x480 non-interlaced resolution which eliminates the 'ghost effect' in motion video seen with many other systems at 640x480.

Multiple Camera Resolutions on same Screen

Individual cameras can be displayed at different video resolutions on the same screen, allowing optimal video display and recording, yet minimizing recording file size..

High Compression Ratio with High Video Quality

Video is compressed for recording by MJPEG or HM (MPEG4-like) compression: HM is proprietary compression technology, designed specifically for CCTV applications. It provides high video quality and yet saves a great deal of disk space through superior compression. CPU acceleration instructions also help the system gain real-time performance.

Multiple Recording Methods

Video can be recorded continuously, continuously with Smart Saving, On Motion, On Alarm, by time-lapse or by schedule. Different cameras can have recording methods set independently.

Multi-Drive Concurrent Recording

Different cameras can be specified to record into different logical or physical drives, so that some camera recordings can be kept for longer periods than others. This is particularly useful where some camera recordings may be more critical than others.

Smart Saving during Recording

The recording frame rate varies according to the amount of movement. Low frame rates are used for more static video and higher frame rates for full motion video. The more motion detected, the faster the recording fame rate.

Advanced Motion Detection and Tracking

Moving targets are automatically detected and tracked by a tracking block. The H Series is sensitive to moving targets in bad lighting environments, and not sensitive to camera shake and the auto-panning of PTZ cameras.

Noise Tolerance Feature

A motion detection noise elimination feature reduces false alarms and unwanted recordings caused by weather changes (rain, wind, lightening etc.), and light changes. The sensitivity of noise tolerance can be adjusted for each camera.

Recording Playback

Search recording log files by date, time, single camera or all cameras. Also search by recording type – motion detection, smart saving, alarm input or time lapse. Play back in quad, 9 or 16 camera displays and switch to single camera full screen (and back again) with a mouse click. Speed up to 16X or slow down to 1/8 speed. Increment backwards and forwards by one frame.

Security and Stability

Four levels of ID and password protection are provided and an audit log of “log on and offâ€

Hi JSTUBB,

We are they company that makes these cards. If you are interested in them please contact me at joel@cctvsentry.com

Both cards have there ups and downs. All depends on what you are trying to do with the cards.

Cheers,

Joel

Actually, these cards are produced by a firm called Huperlabs ..

http://www.huperlab.com/products02_e.htm

Although the post seems more of an advertisement than a question, the "H" card is available under several names since it is normally drop-shipped.

I've tried them, and didnt seem to find any hardward problems, but, the software is not as robust as Geovisions, and still has problems (such as video attribute settings) that are not documented or made aware of to the user. Having used both, Geovision is by far worth the extra money.

Wow thanks for the heads up there, I looked at the advertisement and I must say I was impresseed, I have seen a few cards with 232 converters built in and audio,but not many with TV ouput, it seemed like a pretty good card and if it were cheaper than Geo I would have been keen to try one.

Who manufactures them?

I think a lot of people do not like Geovisions marketing strategy and that is why people are carrying other options now, but not trying to be biased, I have not seen better software than Geo yet and if anyone knows of any better, I would be very keen to test it.

I am starting to notice that a lot of manufactorers will re-badge their gear under other names and I strongly believe there are not many manufactorers at all and that some state they are but indeed are not and they only develop the software, I think that I might test Avermedia again as this one looks very similar to that in GUI.

Once again, thanks for the heads up and have you had any probs with the Geo gear?

I may be way off-base here.... Maybe there are numerous "H" cards.. Not a very imaginative title....

I bought an "H-Series" card, it came with some documentation with the only ID of DVR2400. Going with that, I got to Hyperlabs, where, in my case anyway, they are the same.

What release software do you have for the H?

I always laugh when I read that someone is a "maker of DVR boards". I can tell you that Sentry makes neither the GeoVison nor "H" cards as they are called. They are made by a company in Korea, and their software is not right yet. They are having some major issues with the hardware and software.

PA

Ok now I am completely confused, I checked out DVR Systems and had a look at the H series card and it seems fairly similar to all the other cards on the market and strikes a strong resemblance to the Avermedia product.

However I clicked this link http://www.dvrsystems.net/hseries.htm

It was called Stackable H series cards, the cards are much different, they have I/O built in and converter of protocol for PTZ as well as TV Output and the software is different again. This one seemed quite good and those of you that have H - Series cards, could you please tell me which one you have.

Huperlabs seems very similar but the software looks slightly different however when compared to the link above it is vastly different, the problem seems to be thet there must be two versions of H-Series DVR units.

As for how many times a day I get contacted by so called Manufactorers, it is a joke. I once imported a product from someone that had similar specs to the product we stock and found it was the same product re-badged (illegally).

The truth from what I can gather is that there is only a very few manufactorers of these boards and they are all in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan. Most of the big companies like Geovision, do not even manafacture the cards themselves. However they do enough volume for the manufactoirer to justify modifications to the cards to suit thier purposes.

I assume their must be some manufacturing done in USA but I have yet to come accross it as we mostly deal with the Asian Pacific region.

Hope this helped,

i am also intrested to know if anyone else has used the "h-series" cards and if they were as stable as the geovision cards.

I think they are manufactored by a company called Tai Labs, howver they must have changed their name or been bought out or something because I am sure I have seen them before in several places, but now I cant even find them in a search engine.

www.intotech.co.kr

This is the company that writes the software for the so called "H" cards. I have been to their office in Korea. They also say that they design the boards, and like all other Korean DVR companies, outsource the manufacturing. In my opinion, they are not ready for market.

However, it is a very low cost board. The company has also gone through some recent changes. This along with Geovision is still the low end of the market.

The single biggest problem with Korean DVR companies like this one is funding. It is fairly easy in Korea to get government funding to start a company and run it for three years without making any money. After your time is up, your product better be ready for market. If not, the company will drop as fast as they started. That means no support and no product.

PA

I had a look at that website, we tried them ages ago, their software has changed a lot..however, that is not the same softwrae as the H series card that I saw on http://www.dvrsystems.net

If you go to the screen shot on Intotechs page you will see that the two are different, there must be a few H series cards out there.

http://www.intotech.co.kr/english/index.html

You state that Geo is low end.. I thought it was fairly good, if you know of better I would be very interested to hear it!

Boards are the same. Just older software and diff GUI.

Geo does records, but it is not the same as IDIS, Win4Net, Kodicom, or Winnertec. They are the leaders in technology, featues and quality. There is also way to much gray marketing with Geo.

PA

I totally agree about the marketing issue with Geovision, that is the ONLY thing I do not like about them, please tell me why these other options are better, what are the features they have that Geo does not?

I am not trying to prove you wrong, If I can find a better product I will switch but I am yet to see one.

I had the older Intotech software, we bought the S series or Smart DVR as it was known then, we actually bought it from Sunkwang but they bought it from Intotech. Either way neither of the versions look like the one I saw on DVR Systems site and I had seen that same screen shot with Tai Labs somewhere before, I am sure of it.

I would never sell Geovision just because anyone can buy it. I also don't like the search feature. These are the two most important things to me. The feature that is most used on any DVR is search.... I just don't think Geo is advanced as the Korean Co's. Geo has lots of featues, but the average end user only searches.

As a side note. I have seen the Geo software run on the Avers boards. This has been at least two years ago, but I wonder if it still works.

I think Geovision used to actually purchase the Cards from Avermedia some time ago, however I can not confirm that. I know that they now use an onboard dongle so to avoid this issue.

I do not think it has helped them all the same, because they are offering a reward on their website of 10,000 US dollars for anyone providing information about offenders using other cards with their software.

It is my Belief that Avermedia are behind a lot of the developing cards at present.

In regards to the searching feature,the Version 6 sofware comes complete with thumnail indexed searching and object tracking, and yes I agree this was an area that Geo was indeed lacking in.

I looked up the manufactorers that you recommended and I thank you very much for the information as I think I will try to order samples from two of those companies, however they are not all that much more advanced than Geo is right now.

I would love to find another product better as I do not like the way Geovision does business, we have tried many samples of other gear, however they never seem to be a finished product or they seem to be lacking in something.

Not sure what you can get in AU. But we have been very pleased with the Kodicom DVRs. Win4Net is also very good.

Always had problems with Avers. They just never seemed to get it all right.

There will always be issues with every DVR, and every DVR company. We've just tired to find one that worked with us, and that we could support for our dealers.

There will always be issues with every DVR, and every DVR company. We've just tired to find one that worked with us, and that we could support for our dealers.

never had any issues with the Kalatel DVRs, and the support is great, I have direct email with the engineers now. But those are all in ones, and shouldnt really be mentioned in this forum thread!

Has anyone tried the new GeoVision 6.0 version? I understand it has a better search capability. Also how does the POS feature work? According to the manual they refer to some exterior box that is needed. What box are they referring to? Any better cards out there for a lower price with more features?

www.dvrsupply.com

We are testing a system from them. They tell us that POS will be built into the box in 2 months. They aren't going to use TVS or any other exterior box. The POS boxes require special software and they are both very expensive. In the box POS is the way to go.

This is the new releases from Geovision in Version 6. ( I have had most of these features for 3 months).

PTZ.

A PTZ camera can now move to preset positions upon closure of the circuit EG: If a door opens and has a relay on it , Geovision can automatically make a PTZ swing and zoom to that position.

Screen Pop Up

If a camera detects motion, it can be set to pop up on the screen (full screen), This means that your security guard can see which camera has motion as it happens.

16 Channel Audio

You can listen in and communicate through 16 Audio inputs, this means you can not only talk to the site but you can listen to it as well.

Object Counting

You now can log how many times an object moves, this means you can count traffic going from one place to another, or how many times a person goes into or out of an office door or perhaps how often a movie is rented off a shelf etc.

Scheduling.

You can now change the schedules for recording so that you can change recording settings on a more frequent basis. Previously you had to set multiple schedules, now that has changed.

New History (log) Program

Many features have been changed here, recorded audio, Thumbnail View (this allows a motion event to display all captured frames at once for example a 3 second segment may have many frames (pictures in it) and the screen will display all of them at once so that you can choose the exact still picture that you want.).

Zone Search allows for searching for missing items in a single area of the picture for eg; a handbag that has gone missing from a table. You would draw a box around it and only search events that happened pertaining to that handbag.

Indexed search allows you to search for events pertaining to an input for eg: A register transaction of a certain amount will have a video file attached, or an I/O event or alarm activation, you may have a list of alarm events and click on them to get the video linked to that time.

System Log

This logs a database of data for maintenence and other purposes

For example the system can log in text all motion events, General system events like unuathorised access attempts or exits of the software, back up logs etc etc, this allows the seller to check to see what has been happening and who has been logging in and changing things.

Dymanic DNS Support.

This links an IP address to a domain name, for example you may not wish to pay for bighooters.com so you can link your dynamic I.P to this name even though you haven't paid for the domain. In other words I could type http://cctvforum.com and this could link to the I.P of my DVR or router, it saves having to remember the I.P. Address

Remote Logs

You have always been able to remotely view the events but now you can remotely view the system logs and see what the DVR has been doing and with the remote configuration utility it means that you can fix most problems and settings through DSL.

PTZ Supported Protocols

More common brands of PTZ can now be controlled by Geo without the need of Joystick or Keyboard

Active X Webcam.

This is truley amazing, many servers at one time, audio, zoom I/O control, history and moving of cameras all controlled through the web browser, the system downloads a small active x package the first time you connect to the machine and stores it in windows temp files, this means it looks and feels like a software application rather than a web interface but requires no software to be loaded.

Geovision Codec

Geovisions codec is smaller in file size than MPEG4 and Wavelet or applied JPEG.

POS

With the use of the POS Box to interface with a Register's protocol, you can search through keywords in transaction databases as well as search amounts and superimpose transaction data onto the video file.

This is already available and Geovision will be buying a better box in FEB which is why they are not selling the latest one, they may make it a PCI card (this is a guess) it is hardly expensive?

New Control Centre

This allows for Many after hours video events (or continues) to be sent to another PC (control room) fro storage and verification, Up to 320 Video streams can be sent to a single PC Control Center and if more than that are needed it will buffer the event and send it to the next control Centre

There is a lot more but I ma tired of typing.. oh yeh and how much did it cost 0$.

I hope this helps,[/u]