MiamiBeachBum

Question on Geovisoin Real time card.

I'm thinking about getting a slow 30fps card for 16 cameras and a realtime 480fps Card. Since of the 16 cameras there should only be 3-4 camera recording at once.

My question is:

does this realtime viewing with the card of 480fps work when viewing the cameras over the internet? or over a network?

Most of the viewing of the cameras will be done by laptops or computers on the home's network. (located in the home).

Will these images be at 480fps with the real time card?

Not at all. The real time card is for display on the local machine only. When viewing over the network, there are so many other factors to take into account. If the network is used to communications/data transfer and other normal network stuff, this will all drastically slow your bandwidth. It will make a difference whether you have a 10/100 or Gigabit network. So many factors can affect your bandwidth, and it is this that will determine the framerates you will see remotely, not your card.

So if I have a 30fps card (gv-600) and a gigabit network with no traffic I can see realtime 480fps over the house's network without the Realtime card?

Not exactly, ifg you capturer at real time and your bandwidth allows then yed this is possible, but you need to capture at this speed first and you need to choose what size the transmitted files will be in resolution, I am not supposed to mention this Yet but Geo are about to release 640x240 or the web so this would mean you would need more bandwidth, you can actually massage the packet size with the Geo sofwtare to increase or decrease the speeds and it will also depend on what compression you use too.

I was told by Geovision that you need to capture the frame rate that you want to send, but I actually think their tech was wrong as I thinkt he biffering for transmition actually happens before sofware compression so it is a bit of a grey area at the moment, I will test it eventually but too busy at the moment