MiamiBeachBum

pirate Geovision Card. Who can tell one?

I've bought a geovision GV600-16 that I think may be a pirate card. Is their anyone here that I could send a couple of pictures through email that may be able to tell me if it's bogus? I looked at the pictures of the pirate cards on geo's site but that didn't help much. I couldn't post the pictures since I have nowhere to post them.

Thanks

"The source must send a pirated unit with invoice, indicating date, company name, address, and price of the purchased to GeoVision for inspection."

like someone who bought it would actually go through all that trouble over a couple hundred dollars!??

Talking of which, they are located in the piracy capital of the world, ASIA!

Miami, just throw it out and buy something from a legit US source.

If you are in Miami, A-1 security is a good choice, Ive used them for the past couple years and they are great. www.a1alarm.com

Contact info is on the main page.

I dont know what PC cards they have, but they have a good selection of stand alone DVRs from various manufacturers, which are just as good and in alot of cases, better.

Actually, USA has the strongest anti piracy laws in the world and have the biggest crime rate in this area, but I do know what Rory means, the newer stock from Geo acxtually has its brand stamped near the PCI pins so look for that, also look for the coloured, dongle rom chip, but the best way to find out is to email Geo or tell me the price you paid for it and I will know if it is legit or not!

There is a reward offered from Geo but as if they would pay you for it!

What makes you think it is not legit?

i see $10,000 reward, im going to start scanning Ebay, i need some extra cash right now!!

Actually the bahamas is on the US's hot list for copyright infringements right now, with stealing satelite, pirated DVDs, and the local Cable TV company steals all its signals from US networks without paying! Apparently they are saying they will start to enforce the laws, but nothing yet. Thats why our only 1 local video store chain has all pirate videos terrible quality, and we cant order satelite TV, as no real companies will take the chance to open up shop here until these laws are enforced. The local Movie Theatress are legit though.

I posted some pictures..

http://photos.yahoo.com/rayslack

there is a geovision sticker above the pins.. Where I believe there should be an engraved geo number.. I haven't tried to remove the sticker..

I emailed geo the pictures last week but haven't heard back from them.

As for the 10,000 reward... I'm sure they have never or would never pay it.. Too many hoops to jump through and loopholes for them to get out of it.

I did get remove the sticker and there is nothing printed on the card below it.

We do have the toughest, and to a high degree dumbest anti-piracy laws, but we aren't the world leader in piracy. China has us beat. When you start seeing companies refuse to do bussiness with the US due to rampent piracy then we'll be in the lead. We're sixth in software, second in music and fourth in movies (using the stats of various trade groups). I don't know the stats for piracy for hardware but I don't see too much fake stuff here, but that may be me.

I posted some pictures..

http://photos.yahoo.com/rayslack

there is a geovision sticker above the pins.. Where I believe there should be an engraved geo number.. I haven't tried to remove the sticker..

I emailed geo the pictures last week but haven't heard back from them.

As for the 10,000 reward... I'm sure they have never or would never pay it.. Too many hoops to jump through and loopholes for them to get out of it.

I did get remove the sticker and there is nothing printed on the card below it.

looks like the same thing on their web site, except the 16port chip is located elsewhere.