Noon

Geovision 800 V3 Restarting issue

Hi there,

I'm new to this dvr stuff and I have a question.

I'm putting together a 16 cam system using Geovision 800. I did not install the cameras yet and wanted to test the system. The geovision keeps restarting by istself every 3 minutes or so. Is this because the cameras are not connected yet? or is it a different problem that I need to solve before connecting the cameras? Any one who knows your input is appreciated!.

The computer specs:

P4 HT 2.8GHZ

512 memory

20GB HD1

250GB HD2

intel motherboard

Nividia Fx 5200 128mb

Geovision v 6.05 upgraded

latest Bios and chipset

have you disabled all the camera inputs that aren't connected ? Click on "Configure" then "Camera/Audio install" and then click the "Activate" button. Make sure that any camera inputs that are not connected are unticked. The system will reboot itself if it doesn't see a video signal on an input that is ticked. I've just tried disabling all my inputs and the system starts up ok.

Thank you teve6690 for the reply. I did what you suggested and unchecked all cameras. The restart still persists. Does this mean that you have to connect at least a camera in order for the restart not to occure? Or is it something else? I didn't get the cameras yet and wanted to make sure the pc is holding ok before complete system installation.

why i love embedded stand alones, plug and play, camera or not. )

Mind you it doesnt do that restart thing with a PC DVR i just installed, we had no cameras hooked up and still came up ok, and stayed up. Mind you it was an American DVR card The PC full screen 700x400 res suks compared to full screen standalone though, but real time playback, though i prefer quality over speed.

Well that resolution does suck, crank it up to at least 800 x 600.

thats all it has, thats the highest!! Hey, I didnt buy it, the client bought it himself and just called me.

got the info by the way thanks havent had a chance to go over it yet.

darnit, summer power outages going strong ,every day now!!

Rory

The Geo system will restart if no cameras are plugged in.. do what you were told before but also deactivate the cameras not in use, you need to have 1 cam at least installed.. this is a safety feature so that if it loses the inputs it will start itself to try to pick them up againSadly a Standalone can not do this!

Thanks a lot DVR_Expert_Australia and Steve. I'm glad I asked you guys. I let you know how everything turns out after I install the cameras.

The Geo system will restart if no cameras are plugged in.. do what you were told before but also deactivate the cameras not in use, you need to have 1 cam at least installed.. this is a safety feature so that if it loses the inputs it will start itself to try to pick them up againSadly a Standalone can not do this!

The stand alones (most of them) do this with ease and have been doing this along time before PC DVRs were released. No, not the standard storesafe or the EZ, but all the rest. It doesnt restart, it just finds them.

what, cant face the facts?? I have used the stand alones, and know what they do and cannot do, so I will always respond to something that is or is not true, if I know something about it that the person that posts does not, which is in this case. You tested a StoreSafe DVR, the low end of the Kalatel, that does not say you have tested the Kalatel DVRs and know everything about them, just like comparing the Dedicated D4 with the other DM units, it does not compare.

You are the one that brought up the comparison between embedded and PCI cards, not me. I guess too much fosters or xxx today 'ay!

on the subject, ive recently used 2 PC Dvrs, and they sucked, had 700x400 res, or something like that, and full screen quality locally cant compare to a real CCTV mux, but then thats only 2 PC DVR products, so I cant comment on how GEO is, or others, get it???

Mind you being in the US side of the world, when I get some extra cash, im going to buy a PC card from Thomas, as US gets better support and from what I have seen, make higher quality products .... he he

Ive got plenty of posts, you will need to keep up