Hello

I had security system with 16 cameras runing on a multiplexer and 2 tv monitors

Right now, I upgraded to dvr system and hooked up 2 monitors on in front and one in the back office

My question is: What can I do to use the tv I have in front hanging from the ceeling to see same video as I see it on the other monitor?

Is there a special card like an tv-out with twist connector ?

Im using the camera cables to connect the tv-out by the sales area to the dvr system in the office, so that I have a 21inch crt and I need to hook the 32inch tv to get same pic as crt?

thanks

What DVR card are you using?

Some come with a TV Out composite port on them, some do not. Most of the lower cost solutions will offer a single channel interval display, versus seeing the multiplexed video on an external TV.

It sounds like you could probably use a VGA to TV splitter/converter module. This would offer you a VGA input from the DVR and composite/S-video outputs to the TV while still allowing for the local VGA screen to be treated the same as it presently is.

There are links on the forum somewhere for these, I just cannot find them at the moment, you may want to try the Search feature at the top of this screen and see if you can locate the other discussions.

scottj

thanks for reply scoot

i have huper lab card and videocard is matrox with 2 vga out and both are used

im looking into usb moudles to get tv out? is thier any?

thanks

I have a 16 home camera system too. Thanks to Rory I used a 4db amplifier with 8 outputs which has a CCTV input, model Channel Vision Technology Product No.: CVT-2/8PIA-II which puts my output around 15 db or FCC max. I also used a modulator model Channel Vision Product #R-E1200, and a 1 x Channel Vision 3102-118 - Low Pass Filter - Channel 118+. Now I can see all my cameras via any of the 8 tv's in the house without starting up the computer(s) and logging into the client DVR software. Thanks Rory....The CCTV images are just as good as the monitor but a little cropped around the outter edges. A little less view but the benefit was termendous.

Jeff

PS fantastic TV signal now too, as my line in from the pole is about 400 feet.

Distance is no issue as long as you use a booster/amplifier but like Rory said even at 3 feet which is the standard length given by the Video Card manufacturer, the picture is nothing to shout about! If you need real good quality then you'll need a professional VGA to Composite device.

Also, alot of PC DVR cards offer an Analogue Multiplexer Output normally called a DSP, either as a seperate card, or a combo card with the DSP RCA Output. It will give you real time live video and high quality. Ive only tried the one from Geo, but others like Iview, Eclipse, etc. have it also.