View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Swann DVR problem booting up
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 am 

I have a problem with my existing CCTV DVR.
The unit has been installed for a few years now, it is a Swann SWDVR 91425H (H-264) 8 channels, with 4 x Swann SWPRO – 535 cameras.
I bought 2 additional cameras Swann Pro-735, I installed one of them temporary about 6/7 weeks ago and everything worked fine. I decided to install both cameras on a permanent basis.
Before I installed them I done a system restore to clear HDD and factory settings with all cameras disconnected as the date and time kept changing on the DVR, so I went onto Swann and that is what they suggested, wired the 2 additional cameras up, set them using Swann view app on my phone to position them, connected the other cameras and everything worked OK.
Went through system to re-name the cameras and set the areas for motion detection, that’s when the DVR crashed, it kept rebooting and showing the 6 cameras, but I could not get into the main menu either with the remote control or mouse/usb.
I searched Swann web and they said to disconnect all cameras, disconnect the hard drive totally and then power back up, as there might be a problem with bad sector on the HD and if the system boots up OK then replace HD if it does not then the motherboard/PCB needs replacing, done this and it was the same outcome. Keeps booting up and will not let me into the main menu.
I have tried to search the net for a replacement PCB or DVR (might be just as cheap) to no avail.
Can anyone tell me where I can get:
a replacement PCB (PCB No. TCMB03 V110)
another compatible DVR for my cameras/wiring
or another SWDR 91425H (searched again to no avail, only used second hand on e-bay which I prefer not to buy)

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Swann DVR problem booting up
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 am 

https://www.bigbrothersystems.com/dvr-a ... r-1tb-hdd-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:33 am 
Integrator

More sales crap from big brother

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:07 am 

At least we don't sell Swann crap.... [-X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm 
Integrator

karenbigbro2 wrote:

But he does not need you to sell no brand crap and over priced.

You don't even know we're the op is from ......Swann in the uk is not OEM hikvision like it is in America

Like all your posts it sales ....... Without even knowing what part of world the post is from

Your based in a little town called stock-on-Trent ........ Your not even power compatable.

The forum is not your sales page

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 pm 

karenbigbro2 wrote:

You come here and post links to your company hoping to get sales from people who need help with a problem .you don't even address the problem .
YOUR A SPINELESS VULTURE WITH NO CONSCIENCE and when tomcctv points this out you go ahead and insult the op and respond like a child
Your company must not be doing very well .it appears you are desperate for any business you can manipulate out of anybody .your integrity explains your desperation ! [-X [-X [-X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am 

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I apologise. I am actually new to the business and am still learning about systems and products.... and think that the forum is a great help.. TOMCCTV your knowledge is impressive and I really didn't want to offend you....and you are correct, this is not the forum to promote companies and for that I will retreat.... :roll:

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]