Sign in to follow this  
andymar

cctv with colour night vision

hi guys, thinking about upgrading my system which I have present, looking for one with colour night time vison, could you recommend me with some products please tia

To get colour image, you need light.

CCTV cameras today are much more sensitive than before.

Check the cameras spec for amount of lux.

Lower lux means darker it can see.

But still, you either switch to black/white at night and most cases use IR light to enhance B/W image, or you add white light to get colour images.

To get colour image, you need light.

CCTV cameras today are much more sensitive than before.

Check the cameras spec for amount of lux.

Lower lux means darker it can see.

But still, you either switch to black/white at night and most cases use IR light to enhance B/W image, or you add white light to get colour images.

hi there I understand about the luz, at present I have an old swann set up, I was looking at an lorex one, but the one I seen was usa only plus not pal, what good system i.e. with colour vision in the uk please

The advanced technology call 'starlight', it's basically like a low Lux camera. it only needs a little light and you can have colourful image.
Furthermore, it comes the 'colour night' technology now. it's even stronger than the starlight camera. The outcome is quite impressive. Maybe you can google or YouTube it to have a look.:classic_smile:

unlikely. IMHO the only cameras worth owning owning use Sony Super HAD CCD sensors. these produce a sharper, clearer, and and more color saturated image than older chips. if you watch a camera with a Sony Super HAD CCD sensor at twilight, looking at a truck with a red tripe and red lettering, the stripe and letters fade away. the black tires take on a faint green tinge, like dark woodland camouflage.

if you want color at night you need to light it up like a football stadium.