labarr2001

Help ASAP with time lapse VCR trasfers

You will need the original VCR. If there are any flaws in the head, or if it was misaligned then the original VCR will be the only one to give you the video.

What is the make, and model of the time lps VCR? You may have to rent that exact model to play back your video.

I do not know of a service that would do this. You would have to keep every VCR ever made to provide that kind of service.

I have time lapse tapes that I need trasfered to CD or DVD. I dont have access to the recording VCR. Is there a service that can do this??

As Scorpion stated, we need to know the make and the model of your VCR.. Dependent which one it is, chance are that a different model make work..

To transfer video from VCR tapes to DVR environment so that you can burn CDs or DVDs, well that also depends on the format of what your VHS tapes contain...

Let us know and I am sure with all our combined knowledge in this forum, we should be able to come up a solid answers...

I have never had problems with time lapse, have played back on samsung and mitsu from sony and mitsu,

Most police stns here have dif brand to what we sold and installed,

As long as its time lapse and played back in the same format - 8/12/24hrs/24l it will work,

Playing back to burn to cd/dvd- I wouldnt bother with cd as it will fill up quickly,

You can buy an adapter that can plug into USB on a pc/laptop and record composite input from anything like a tv, camera, vcr etc etc, I used to use them on dvr's with no dvd/cd burner, but get sick of going back to site for events. SPECIALLY XMAS !!!!

BTW

I allow 20-30gb a day from my dvr's, 500gb min in a machine.

[i have never had problems with time lapse, have played back on samsung and mitsu from sony and mitsu,

Most police stns here have dif brand to what we sold and installed,

As long as its time lapse and played back in the same format - 8/12/24hrs/24l it will work,

] I agree with Inner Range about the vcr, as long as the orignal unit was properly serviced and alignment was good it should playback on almost any timelapse vcr, and there are a lot of options in software and hardware to convert to DVD, Hope this helps.