dans95tbird

How to hook up 2 checkpoint multiplexer

Can anyone help me? I have an old sensormatic vm96 system and its on its last leg, so i am trying to hook up 2 checkpoint multiplexers. Is there a way to hook them up in series so i can use 1 touchtracker and 1 time lapse vcr?

No! All you can do is loop the video through the Checkpoint Mux and terminate at the VM96 Matrix. The TouchTracker will only communicate with the Matrix. So, you have few choices:

1. When system dies, change out matrix to MP3200 with Sensornet or RS422 code distribution unit (depending on data currently being sent out to domes).

2. Change out muxes with Intellex system and control everything through Intellex. Even go to virtual matrix if you'd like!

3. See if muxes output Sensormatic RS422, if they do... use the muxes with checkpoints keyboard attached to them! Of course, if you're outputting Sensornet data, you're out of luck!

No! All you can do is loop the video through the Checkpoint Mux and terminate at the VM96 Matrix. The TouchTracker will only communicate with the Matrix. So, you have few choices:

1. When system dies, change out matrix to MP3200 with Sensornet or RS422 code distribution unit (depending on data currently being sent out to domes).

2. Change out muxes with Intellex system and control everything through Intellex. Even go to virtual matrix if you'd like!

3. See if muxes output Sensormatic RS422, if they do... use the muxes with checkpoints keyboard attached to them! Of course, if you're outputting Sensornet data, you're out of luck!

MP3200??? You must be joking... This model pricing is substantially higher than 32 position matrix switch, which is more than adequate for this user...

oh, didn't know he only had 32 cameras. just assumed VM96 was max'd out at 96 cameras (or close to it)