bbjohn74

Need Help - CCTV MN-CCD-400B

Hello all. Definately new to this site, but I have read as many posts as I can, but it's as clear as mud.

I recently picked up 2 cameras from a friend, with no information or cables. The back of the camera shows :

CCTV Corp.

GBC

MN-CCD-400B.

Can anyone tell me what all this means ? I understand the manufacturer part, but that's about it. I need to hook these up, one in front of the garage and one on the opposite side of the house to see everything in the front yard. I plan on hooking this up to my PC to capture that images for about 1 day at a time maybe more if possible. Just trying to catch the person that's steeling radios out of my Jeep and lawn mowers out of the back yard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GBC was bought by GE in recent years. Not sure of the product code, as it does not come up in any of our older price lists... Normally, these cameras operate with 12vdc power supplies... Can you describe the camera, is it a PIR or standard fixed, etc..?

It is a standard fixed as far as I can tell. You have to position the camera where you want it, it does not move remotely if that's what you mean. I can put up a picture of it if that would help. Or if you need anymore information from the camera I can certainly get it.

If you take a picture of the rear of the camera, that would be helpful and the guys on this forum can recommend what type of cable to use from there on. Generally, you will most likely need siamese cable to hook up the cameras

GBC cameras are either 450/950/150/850/1200/1500 ...

There are various ones but no MN .. the following are the GBC models:

CR - Rugged Ceiling Wall

MV - Multi View Dome

DV - Dual View

BC - Ball

CL - Clock

CM - Corner Mount

CW - Ceiling Wall

EL - Emergency Light

IW - In Wall

MM - Mini Max Miniature

SD - Smoke Detector