jjman

problem with new cctv

Hello Everyone

I am new to this. I own a autobody shop where sometimes a park the customer cars on the street. Recently I purchased a 2 camera system with 2 outdoor ir camera, a quad w/ vcr. My vechiles was vandalized and I could not really see the vandal clearly the car was parked 75 ft. away from the camera. Will a dvr be better? Don't know what to do just feel like I was jerked.

you were not jerked, you did not know. most people, clients, think they can install on thier own. some can, very small percentage, but in the end they spend the money (pro install cost) anyway.

75ft. away is a long way to get face recognition. Do you own anything, building, pole, tree, that you could move the camera closer to? If not, your looking at something like a 35mm lense but you don't have the lighting figured out yet either and you'll still have an issue with the faces from 75ft. How's the lighting? Can you improve the lighting?

If you want to catch them hire a pro to do the camera installs. you won't be disappointed and you'll catch the vandals.

no it is the outside could I move it to the other corner of my building which will cut the distance to half.

If you can move the camera a lot nearer the target area then you will get better images, assuming the field of view is still wide enough & lighting levels are good enough.

jjman, can you please tell us what cameras are you using? If your cameras come with Varifocal Lens, then you do not need to move them at all, rather adjust the lens to cover the distance of your choice...

DVR will give you better results on the playback picture quality and extended storage compared to your Quad/VCR combo...

Levon

it is those led camera don't know what kind of lens but on the box I like is made by dsp. or dps It has a 35ft range.

the camera I am not sure who manufacture it the model is the IR 3018.

I just borrowed a dvr made by powertech.