cantrj

Playback from MV16i recording

I am trying to recover video from a 9hour VCR tape that was recorded in a 3 second sweep through a 19 camera system. This was recorded from a Robot MV16i Multiplexer / NLMD9 Remote Control Panel system onto a standard Sanyo VCR.

We have taken the 24hour tape for the day we are trying to re-witness but when we play in a regular VCR we get nothing. Does the playback of this system require to be done on the system itsel,f or does this mean the VCR was not correctly recording from the multiplexer?

You have to play it back on the Time Lapse VCR. (24 hour tape?)

It won't work right on a regular VCR.

What does the tape do when you play in on the regular VCR?

You need the same brand of multiplexer to demux the tape, as it is multiplexed recording on the tape, which simply is super fast switching video of each camera. Just playing it back in a time lapse VCR will show you fast switching video, nothing useful. The multiplexer demultiplexes the video when you play it back, so you see it on each channel in time lapse.

You can also look for a general demultiplexer, but they can cost a small fortune.

The tape is a nine hour VCR tape. I am told that this will record a 24 hour period of 3 seconds time spans through all 16 cameras. In a regular VCR playback produces nothing but blue screen. I guess my question is if you need a time laps VCR to view or a multiplexer to view well have do people bring this type of evidence to court? Can one rent this type of equipment or is purchasing this hardware the only option of viewing this evidence off site from its original recording station?

what g-men said ... you can simply do video out from the monitor as you are playing it back (or from the mux), that video out would go to a regular VCR (or TV/VCR), click record on the regular VCR when you want to record what's playing from the mux.

I have a client that lives by this method, as its all the courts can use here.