Sign in to follow this  
HECTOR

DSP and dinion cameras

I am new in this and i have a question about the DinionXF cameras, if that camera has an analog video out, (BNC connector) which is the DSP 15 bits works, I know that the DSP converts analog to digital signals, and if the Dinion's out is analog, It has a digital analog at the output again?

Other matter that I want to know is what is the relation between TVL (Television LInes) and the size (600x500 i.e.) or the horizontal lines, I was searching in the internet and find some formulas that relation with Band width of the video, others with only horizontal lines, and I am very confussed. Than you so much.

P.D.

Excuse my english but I am peruvian.

Hi HECTOR,

There's not a lot wrong with your english, It's a heck of a lot better than my peruvian (or should that be spanish?).

The term DSP means Digital Signal Processing, so it actually doesn't refer to what is coming out of the camera.

The BNC output is conventional analogue, but the DSP bit controls the internal workings of the camera, in much the same way as the engine management system on a vehicle optimises performance.

There are lots of cameras on the market that benefit from DSP, but they are still essentially analogue CCTV cameras if they have a 1v p-p composite video output.

As regards TVL and pixel counts, there are other threads on the forum that relate to this, and I'm sure someone will jump in here with a couple of links.

Just for the sake of sanity in the workplace, try and stick to using just one relative measurement in the short term, perhaps Horizontal Resolution (e.g. 380 TVL, 420 TVL, 480 TVL etc. ) until you get the hang of what it does (or often doesn't) mean in the real world. If you try and relate pixel counts and bandwidth to actual images, you'll probably just end up going quietly crazy!