I am still a littler confused.

Let me explain, some manufactures say they have a camera with effio on it, another camera model say effio and 960H, another say effio 1200tvl.

Can a camera have a dsp Effio a not be 960H?

How can that camera be a 960H (960h,480v) and 1200 tvl?

TVL shows number of vertical lines discernible of a horizontal line of a video image. In other words, horizontal resolution.

960H is the number of pixels in horizontal line, which is a standard size of video.

But the method to send the video data over a cable is fixed as NTSC or PAL signal. The TV signal does not allow much bandwidth, to our sorry. 650 TVL or above is good enough to fit into the bandwidth, and representing the details for 960H sized video. Effio is a good chip from Sony. So better lens can be a deciding factor for video quality, not TVL for analog cameras.

I am still a littler confused.

Let me explain, some manufactures say they have a camera with effio on it, another camera model say effio and 960H, another say effio 1200tvl.

Can a camera have a dsp Effio a not be 960H?

How can that camera be a 960H (960h,480v) and 1200 tvl?

SONY EFFIO-E,V, A, P four type of DSP. And you may see SONY website to know how it is. As well, Effio DSP can incoporated with 960H, 760H and 510H depedns on DSP level grade, compatibility and raw produce cost.

For SONY EFFIO DSP + 960H no claim exceed 800TVL ( B/W). At present, upto 800TVL analog camera most is (OV, APTINA or SONY) CMOS sensor utilized ISP/DSP.