Sign in to follow this  
alroogy1959

TWO DVR IN ONE ROUTER

HI ...

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME TO CONNECT TWO DVR TO ONE ROUTER.

I HAVE ALLREADY ONE DVR REMOTLY CONNECTED TO MY ROUTER THROUGH MY DNSDY ACCOUNT,I WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT ALSO MY SAMSUNG DVR TO THIS SAME ROUTER SO I CAN HAVE TWO DVRS CONNECTED TO ONE ROUTER THROUGH MY DNSDY ACCOUNT.

PLEASE IN DETAIL BECAUSE I AM NOT THAT EXPERT IN DVR SETTING.

REGARDS

You will just need to set the second DVR with it's own IP address and a new port number. For example if you first DVR is using port 8080 just set the other DVR to use port 8081 then set your port forwarding int he router to point to the IP address of the second DVR.

I am posting this just for reference, but the same would apply with two DVR's. If you got the first one setup on Dyn, this should be easy.

246779_1.png

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,

BUT IF I HAVE CONFIGURED MY FIRST DVR IN MY DYN IP ,SHOULD I CONFIGURE THE SECOND DVR WITH SAME DYN IP AND DIFFERENT PORT.OR WHAT SHOULD I SET THE SECOND DVR IN THE IP APACE .

REGARDS

Hi alroogy1959.

I can't really provide too much detail on this ('cause I'm not familiar with your setup) but...

On your side of the router (the LAN side), the Samsung DVR must have a different IP address, but can use the same ports.

On the Internet side of the router, the two DVRs will appear to have the same IP, but must have different ports.

This is done through the router's NAT (Network Address Translation) feature. You need to choose new port numbers, and set NAT so that the ports you assigned to the Samsung are routed/translated to the Samsung's IP address and ports. Like what you did with your first DVR.

When you remote-view the DVRs, you use the same IP address for both of them, but different ports. This is because when looking at the router from the Internet, the router only provides one IP address. The DVR remote access software should allow you to change the ports it uses.

I'm not sure what DNSDY is or does.