cctv123a

Night vision seems to be in a fog

The cameras seem to work fine during the day. After dark it just appears to be in a fog.

There is no moisture inside the camera and there is no fog outside.

What I think is going on is probably an IR leak from the illuminator is getting into the camera somehow.

Up close the IR night vision seems to work ok but from the eaves where I have them mounted to the ground

it's just a fog.

As with most of these inexpensive cameras they are made in china. I'm looking over the box they came in

and I'm not seeing a model number anywhere. They were advertised as 1200tvl 1/3 ccd with 36 ir led's 850nm.

Here is the sleazebay item number 371206038144. I don't know how long that number will be valid.

Anyway I know there are some camera designers lurking here abouts that may have some ideas.

Maybe there is some kind of easy fix to stop this leak. Or I could disable the camera IR and use spot illuminators.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

The cameras seem to work fine during the day. After dark it just appears to be in a fog.

There is no moisture inside the camera and there is no fog outside.

What I think is going on is probably an IR leak from the illuminator is getting into the camera somehow.

Up close the IR night vision seems to work ok but from the eaves where I have them mounted to the ground

it's just a fog.

As with most of these inexpensive cameras they are made in china. I'm looking over the box they came in

and I'm not seeing a model number anywhere. They were advertised as 1200tvl 1/3 ccd with 36 ir led's 850nm.

Here is the sleazebay item number 371206038144. I don't know how long that number will be valid.

Anyway I know there are some camera designers lurking here abouts that may have some ideas.

Maybe there is some kind of easy fix to stop this leak. Or I could disable the camera IR and use spot illuminators.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Pictures would be handy but here's a few possibilities. Is the IR reflecting off the underside of the eve? And you wouldn't believe how common this is - check that there isnt a protective plastic film covering the lens.

Hi thanks for the response.

I will post pictures as soon as I take some and figure out how to post them. But it just looks like

a total light grey overcast. If you get close enough to the camera it will see you but everything

else in the background is grey. I have one camera that does not do this at all.

The camera is mounted below the eve and is pointed down. I don't think that the IR is reflecting.

I will go check for a plastic film but I haven't seen any on the camera's I have.

I really think that this is a manufacturing screw up. There must be some baffling they left out.

First off I'm not really sure how to open these camera's. I don't see any screws.

maybe the whole housing unscrews ?!?

Anyway thanks for the response.

left cam ok but right one little fogy

Same type of camera

269056_1.jpg

If you know how to fix it it's a easy fix.

269056_2.jpg 269056_3.jpg 269056_4.jpg 269056_5.jpg

Problem was the ir light find the way to the lens internally

You can fix this with a rubber o ring to isolate the lens.

Is it like this or worse?

Is yours like bullet type camera?

Try to unscrew the front ring of the cam (with hand)