The LPR guy

Sony SNT-EX104 DFI Interlacing issues

Hi guys, long time follower, first time poster.

I am an integrator working with a BOSCH D1 LPR camera that's set up into a SONY SNT-EX104. We are having a problem with it interlacing frames. We have contacted SONY, but have been given the run around on their support lines. We typically work with IP cameras (not that I haven't dabbled in the analog CCTV realm), so I'm not super experienced with encoders, and we NEVER use SONY, but the customer insisted. Since this is a relatively time sensitive issue, we are at a loss.

When cars are stopped in front of the field of view of the camera, we get great LPR reads. If the car moves, we are getting awful interlacing blur. And I'm not even talking about extensive movement or high speeds, if a car is inching forward, we get double, triple, quadruple, phasing effects due to the interlacing. I have been around different forums, and SONY directly, and have found ever solution from changing the resolutions to match, using an old security monitor, to decoding in CF2 and CF4. I feel like all problems are pointing to SONY's DFI (Dynamic Frame Integration) technology. It's supposed to prevent blur and deinterlaced frames, but I can't find a way to disable it. If I view the stream from the camera directly through a Security Monitor, the image looks great. If I monitor it after the encoder, its horrible. Since we are saving snapshots and not video, the interlacing of frames is a huge problem. I don't know if it matters, but they are using H.264.

Does anyone have any experience with the SONY SNT-EX104? Specifically with disabling the DFI feature?