Sign in to follow this  
Ragz

Interference on feed

I am all very new to this so I hope the below makes sense...

I installed a Hikvision DS-7104HWI DVR and 2 Hikvision cameras ( DS-2CE55A2P(N)-IRM) a couple of months ago at my house and the system has been working perfectly.

This past weekend I installed 2 more cameras (DS-2CE15A2P(N)-IR) after installing them I noticed that on live view I am seeing "ghost" images on 3 of the feeds. On camera 2 feed I see camera 2 but also camera 3 and 4 as a light outline moving across the screen. On camera 3 I am seeing 2 and 4 and so on. It is only happening with 3 of the cameras and if I unplug 2, no matter which 2 it stops happening. The interference is also visible on the recordings.

It doesn't make a difference if it is during the day or night (IR active or not) .

2 of the cable runs are 15m and 2 are 20m (RG59 Siamese cable)

I am using a 12V 4A power supply

Any ideas on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Check your earthing . It is not so much an earth loop as a missing earth which is being obtained via the shielding of another camera via the -ve/power supply. It usually only invoves one other camera so you have done a really good job.

Hi

Were are using Hikvision Turbo TVI DVrs, DS-2CE56D5T-IT3 Cams

more recently we are finding the bottom 3rd of the screen is a paler colour but more recently the runs have been longer and longer.

Even if you install the camera upside down the issue is at the bottom 3rd of your viewing screen which appears when viewing from Phone,Tablet,PC or Screen. except for this the picture quality is very good.

We buy our equip from a place in Manchester who have had this issue reported to them a few times now.

We changed the cable type,BNC type and PSU.

We found recently if we plug the cable directly into the DVR via a short 3m Pre-Terminated Co-Ax Lead we had no issue, but then even on a short 7-8m run of their shotgun cable we saw the issue very slightly.

It could be their RG59+2 Shotgun Cable isn't sheilded properly so we are looking at trying this also.

I was told it could be the firmware of the camera needs to be updated but you cant update the firmware on these only of the DVR which i am reluctant to do

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks