Sign in to follow this  
derek.wright

HELP!!! Spectra Test Bench

Hi. all, kind of new to this and I'm looking to set up a test bench for Spectra II's, III's and IV's. I've been able to get them powered up using a spare back box and test the video feed but I also need to test the PTZ functions for these cameras. I have a spare CM9760-KBD and would like to incorporate this into my test setup. I have searched high and low for instructions on how to set this up with no avail. Is there a way to get PTZ control with the CM9760-KBD without going through the 9760-CPU System?

Our System: All Pelco; One 9760-CPU, two CM9760-CDU-T's(all outputs used), three CM9760-DMR's, three CM9760-MBX's w/CM9760-CXTA's. I also have a spare CM9760-CDU-T. Any help is appreciated. 118 cameras total, 34 PTZ's the rest are fixed

Yes, that's what we do. If you don't have a copy of the manual, download it HERE. Go to Section 17, Direct Camera Control and follow the directions.

One thing to be aware of, the CM9760-KBD can only output Pelco P protocol so for PTZ testing, you will have to switch the dome drive to that mode, if it doesn't auto-sense it (Spectra IV's auto-sense, Spectra II and III have to be manually switched). Also, be aware of PTZ addressing. The keyboard has to be set to control a specific address. We usually set dome drives to address 1 for testing, then set the address to whatever is required in the field.