Sign in to follow this  
geltrons

5 dvr connections

Good day All

i need your expertise to solve a connecting problem which is pretty weird, it is as follows

we have to install CCTV system in a school which is having 5 blocks which are long apart.

it is suggested by the management to install cameras and DVR individually in all 5 blocks. but the administrator situated in one block could watch all the footage and able to access and control all 5 DVR. We can run net work cable from this administrator building to all other blocks

do anyone have the idea

regards

Thomson

While I am no expert on networking & IP systems it seems to me that if centralised monitoring & control is required and networking infrastructure is in place then an IP system would be a no brainer. If you have decided (for whatever reason) on an analogue system , then given the low price of analogue DVRs your current plan may work out by using CVI/TVI.

CVI = composite video interface

TVI = transport video interface

These are both HD analogue systems. You could have a recorder with its associated cameras for each block & then network the recorders on the LAN back to the admin block. But really this situation is tailor made for IP cameras