View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Bad Picture with NEW swann camera problem
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:50 am 

Hi all, not an expert so go easy..........

Here's my problem.

Swann dvr8-4150 analogue 8 channel dvr with 4 pro-530 cameras. all cameras are around my home, furthers away is roughly 40 feet from the dvr.

Had this for around a year with no problems, then one night all cameras were "fuzzy + pixelated" at night but fine during the day.
I was thinking the IR was going on the Cameras so I purchased 4 new swann Pro-753 700tlv camera's and these were the same at night, !

replaced the rg59 thinking it might be a coax fault, they were still the same at night.

switched power supplys and they were still the same at night.

I also have a PTZ which does not have IR and this is the same.

Ran the coax direct to my monitor bypassing the dvr to see if the dvr was at fault and they were still the same at night.

I'm now completely baffled. ....

(A cctv installer actually said it must be a poltergeist as he has no idea why this is happening. )

any advice on what could be the problem?

Last edited by thompy on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bad Picture with NEW swann camera problem
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:56 pm 
Installer

What specs were the original power supply & what specs were for the replacement power supply

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:51 am 

Hi, I replaced the power cable "like for like" .

spec is,

Model - NLA050120W1E
Input - 100 - 240 V
50/60Hz 0.2A Max
Output 12v 500mA

I am in the uk. (if that makes a difference)

Many Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:51 am 
Dealer

500ma for each camera should be ok, but if you are using one power supply for 4 camera's, a 500ma supply for 4 camera's won't work. Minimum of 2A (2000ma) is what I would recommend.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:20 pm 

Many thanks for your helpful reply, I have ordered what you suggest from amazon and it will be here on Wednesday, so I will post up results and hopefully have this problem sorted once and for all.

Thank you once again, I really appreciate your help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:17 pm 
Dealer

Camera's can be damaged with low power applied. Once they are damaged, then a new power supply won't help. Hope that that isn't what has happened.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:16 pm 

The quality of DC power adapter should come first, I learned. Bad ones kicked off the good & expensive ones out of market. And some CCTV vendors or suppliers give enough profits for the adaptor makers to survive, just to save their own tech support expenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:43 pm 

Sorry for late reply guys called into work for nightshifts and couldn't test until tonight.

Received the 2A (2000Mah) power supply and ran the 4 cameras off it and all were the same, then ran 1 camera at a time and still the same...

running out of ideas now, that's new cameras with new rg59 coax cables and new power supply and still fuzzy/pixelated..

All my power adaptors are connected via an extension cable with surge protector ..... could this be at fault? even though its been there from the start when everything was ok ?
Or has anyone any other ideas?

Many Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm 
Installer

Check your PM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:46 am 

Hi Thompy

I have been following your thread and I have also been having issues with two out of four cameras, cameras 1 and 4 are fuzzy and pixated cameras 2 and 3 are fine my models a DVR8-3425, sorry I don't have any suggestions besides the usual checks, It is very cold where I am, right now its -25 Celsius, never did this in the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:10 pm 

have you tried moving the cameras around at the input of the dvr to rule out the dvr?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:53 am 

ttweaker wrote:
Hi Thompy

I have been following your thread and I have also been having issues with two out of four cameras, cameras 1 and 4 are fuzzy and pixated cameras 2 and 3 are fine my models a DVR8-3425, sorry I don't have any suggestions besides the usual checks, It is very cold where I am, right now its -25 Celsius, never did this in the summer.

I have exactly the same issue with the 3425! 2 of 4 cameras are fuzzy and pixelated. One went that way a month ago. Today, I unplugged the cables for another camera to check something, then when I plugged it back in - it was all fuzzy too. Did you get anywhere in finding a solution? I suspect either the camera, or the cable has become degraded.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:53 am 

Zarjaz wrote:
ttweaker wrote:
Hi Thompy

I have exactly the same issue with the 3425! 2 of 4 cameras are fuzzy and pixelated. One went that way a month ago. Today, I unplugged the cables for another camera to check something, then when I plugged it back in - it was all fuzzy too. Did you get anywhere in finding a solution? I suspect either the camera, or the cable has become degraded.

as i stated in the thread above, try a different input on the DVR and see if it follows. the best way to check a camera thou is to plug it directly into a monitor with a rca input to see if it is bad. your t.v. may have the old vcr style input you can plug it into that or into a vcr and then display it on the t.v.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:56 am 

I ended up pulling the camera, and replacing it. Cable was fine. Camera was a couple of years old. I guess they don't make these things to last.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:35 am 

Zarjaz wrote:
I ended up pulling the camera, and replacing it. Cable was fine. Camera was a couple of years old. I guess they don't make these things to last.

that's what i find. cheap capacitors i guess or moisture getting in. some cameras have been good others last a year.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next