Joe Ramzi

Dahua analog autotracking PTZ

I bought an analog Dahua auto tracking PTZ, but I don't know how to configure it. I cannot access its menu from the DVR and since it is an analog camera, then I cannot hook it directly through RJ-45 to a laptop to configure it.

As a result, it is acting weird in the sense that it tracks the object, but it does not return back to its initial position.

Any idea how to configure it?

Thanks a million

How about reading the manual? Do you even have a joystick working with i and/or the RS485 connection in place?

For using the OSD Menus you will have to call a preset.

Thank you for answering. In fact, I have read the manual, but it does not really say how can you access the configuration menu. I just need to access the menu.

The technician who installed the camera did not connect an RS-485. He said it just needs the coaxial and that is it. I am NOT convinced honestly because without an RS485 how can one access the camera?

He said this is an auto tracking one and does not need any connections except the coaxial, of course.

The technician who installed the camera did not connect an RS-485. He said it just needs the coaxial and that is it. I am NOT convinced honestly because without an RS485 how can one access the camera?

If you have an analog camera, it needs the RS485 bus. If you have an HDCVI camera, it does not. In fact if you have HDCVI DVR and HDCVI camera it is quite easy to access the menus.

You have not even stated what camera you have, so who knows.