Sign in to follow this  
lilian

Help me identify Analog CCTV

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask, is there a way to identify the type of CCTV that I have?

Currently I have 14 analog (I presume?) cameras that connects to the DVR though Coaxial cable. Unfortunately, I do not know the brand/model of both camera and DVR. (because I did not buy it nor did I install it).

The reason I am asking this is because I would like to upgrade the current surveillance system. Some cameras are not working and some produces bad quality images.

I do not wish to change all the cameras, but rather the DVR and perhaps a couple of the broken cameras.

I have been seeing a TurboDVR by Hikvision, it states that it is compatible with analog camera. This is the DVR that I wish to use.

I would like to know if there is a way to identify the current cameras before purchasing the TurboDVR?

Your help or input will be greatly appreciated!

There are three HD standards (with BNC signal connections) present on the market today:

HD-TVI (TurboHD), HD-CVI and AHD. Hikvision's Turbo HD is a good choice (I suggest HQHI models), but the other two do the job as well. All of them are compatible with analog cameras.

If your system is more than 4-5 years old, it's almost 100% full analog. Check camera's label, if the resolution is stated in TVL (720, 700, 650, 600 or similar) then it's analog. HD resolutions are "measured" in Mpix or 720p and 1080p.

Hi Almelst,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I bought HikVision Turbo DVR 7216 HQHI, and it successfully showed all the cameras.

Now I am able to record and remotely view the cameras though IVMS-4200 (I wasn't able to do that with the old DVR).

Thank you so much for your help again.