Sign in to follow this  
bubo

AHD-H zoom camera module in regular PT(Z) unit?

I bought an AHD-H camera module and an AHD-H DVR. I already had a PT(Z) unit (PUMA6) without a camera.

-When I connect the DVR to the camera module (via a PCB board) without RS485 connection and with a BNC connection, the AHD-H image is fine and I can zoom too.

-When I connect the DVR to the PTZ unit, without RS485 and with BNC, I can't Pan & Tilt and I can't Zoom and I don't have any image.

-When I connect the DVR to the PTZ unit, with RS485 and without BNC, I can Pan & Tilt but I can't Zoom and I don't have any image.

-When I connect the DVR to the PTZ unit, with RS485 and BNC both, I can Pan & Tilt but I can't Zoom and I don't have a camera view. It is shown on the screen that the system tries to detect the type of camera and finally is mentioned "camera is unknown".

Is it possible to get an ADH-H camera module working on an regular PT(Z) unit? If so, any suggestions to make it happen?

Anybody who knows if an AHD-H module block will work in and "old styled" PTZ unit?

Anybody who knows if an AHD-H module block will work in and "old styled" PTZ unit?

Yes it will...just make sure you connect the ribbon cable in the right direction

Yes it will...just make sure you connect the ribbon cable in the right direction

In addition to that I learned that connecting my H264.DVR with this AHD-H PTZ camera only gave the choice 1080P if .....on beforehand I connected another AHD-H camera with this 4 channel AHD-D DVR. I can't explain but it is good to know...

In addition to that I learned that connecting my H264.DVR with this AHD-H PTZ camera only gave the choice 1080P if .....on beforehand I connected another AHD-H camera with this 4 channel AHD-D DVR. I can't explain but it is good to know...

This week I learned that a ground loop was the reason far all the difficulties I had. At the moment the DVR, the PTZ and all the other camears were connected to one and the same power adapter, all the problems were solved! The PTZ works flawlessly and I have zero video and sound interference.