Sign in to follow this  
jeriw

Need QUICK help on DVR choice for my existing cameras

OK, here's my emergency problem. My existing DVR for my security cameras apparently is dying and I need a replacement. This is what I have set up now on my garage. The brand name of the security camera system I am presently using is LaView. I chatted with a technician several times via e-mail yesterday but it finally came down to he had no clue if the company sold that DVR or even if they sold just individual DVRs. I have working cameras/cables, I don't need a whole new system:

Here's the system I have now.

4 Camera 960H Security System, 8 Channel 960H DVR 1 TB HDD and 4 600TVL Black Bullet Cameras

Here's what I am looking at on Amazon:

4 HD 720P Camera Security System, 8 Channel 720P HD-TVI DVR w/1TB HDD and 4 720P HD Black Bullet

The question is, will my 600TVL existing cameras work with this 720P HD-TVI DVR?

I'm leaving on a trip and I live in the country and have a prowler/narcissist that lives next door. These cameras keep him somewhat at bay. I'm leaving in about 2 1/2 weeks and I need to find a LaView DVR that will work my cameras as I don't have time to rewire all new cameras. I'm sorry if I'm not asking the right questions, I'm fairly new at security cameras and don't understand all the numbers and letters and what they mean but right now I just need to find a new DVR soon that will work with my cameras. Please help.

Hi. 720 is the low end ..... look at 1080

You can just replace your dvr with this and still use your existing cameras and replace later

https://www.lorextechnology.com/security-dvr-and-surveillance-dvr/lhv2000-series-high-definition-digital-video-recorder/LHV21081TW-1-p

Or this as a complete system.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-dvr-security-system/4mp-hd-camera-home-security-system/MPX2K88-1-p

tomcctv

I appreciate your response but I don't have the time to learn a new program which of course this DVR you gave me a link for would be a different program than what I have. I'm not up on all the camera types and other technical stuff. I just worked with my existing program until I learned it, I just don't have that luxury now. I have considered upgrading to a more high end system but I can't at this moment. This DVR I have now lasted about a year and 1/2 and I'm willing to invest in the same company now just so that I'm not left high and dry without functioning surveillance. I'm really at crunch time at the moment.

So my question "will my 600TVL existing cameras work with this 720P HD-TVI DVR?", my cameras wouldn't work with the 720PHD-TVI DVR? This may be only a temporary fix, but I need it yesterday so I will invest 1/2 the cost of a higher end DVR by buying a system I know and can get up and running quickly. It took me over a year to learn all the ins and outs of my current system and I just can't take a chance on getting a different program that I have no idea of how to set it up. Down the road when I'm back home I can look at other systems and decide on a bigger and better system.

Lasts 18 months and your happy to buy that brand again ......

As far as learning..... how do you know ?

Since you will be away ... remote apps are easy to learn.

So my old cameras won't work with the system? I really am stressed, I need to find a replacement DVR that is not going to stress me anymore than I am already. I'll think about upgrading when I have the time, I just don't have it now. I don't have a smart phone, I won't be transmitting my data to the internet, it will just sit there until I get back home. Please, will my old cameras work with this unit? The cables match my existing cables for the old cameras.

LaView 4 HD 720P Camera Security System, 8 Channel 720P HD-TVI DVR w/1TB HDD and 4 720P HD Black Bullet Surveillance Camera Kit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014XDLDYG/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I take it your only here to advertise.

Read my first post to you ... yes direct replacement.

Laview don’t make ... they just rebadge.

So your old system might not be the same as there new one... so you might have to re learn.

Don’t let something as little stress you out

What am I advertising? I thought you were advertising showing me what to buy. So that in itself made me a bit leery. Look I have a lot on my plate right now, I won't go into it but it's a lot. My stress factor is 100%. On a good day I'd get a new dvr system and figure it out but my back is to the wall right now. I'm not usually this slipshod but I live alone with a Narcissist next door and the cameras are my eyes.

I take it "rebadge" means sells someone else's product but put they their name on it? If so, I didn't know that, this was the first system I've owned. So the link you sent me for the one DVR, if I can master the program in two weeks, my old cameras should work until I can slowly install the new ones. To be honest the program could be simpler than this one. I don't have internet in my garage and that's where they are installed with the cameras all around the corners. I'm not computer illiterate, just cell phone illiterate, I have a "flip phone" I use just for emergencies, if that tells you anything. I'd rather spend my money on my cameras.

I'm sorry if you thought I was advertising, I'm not, just stressed to the max, hoping my home will be standing when I get back and NOW of all times my cameras are acting up.